VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Am I Housebound? Does It Matter?

Rate this topic

Our house is a disaster. I try to clean it, I really do, but I have problems with both my feet and well, that makes standing or running the vacuum hard to do. I start to try to tidy up the stacks of books and papers, but then I can't think of where to put them, so I just put them back down.

The only room in our house which is actually clean is our daughters.

I know, everyone will say 'oh, you can afford to hire help!! You're 100%!!' But that doesn't make us rich or make our house payment any lower. And how do I let a stranger come into my house, even if I could find someone we could afford? And how do I find someone, anyway? And how do you let someone touch your stuff? How do I even stand the humiliation of letting someone see how bad it is?

Easy Answer - Hire daughter to clean house.

Certain chores = Certain $'s

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Carlie, good idea, except she doesn't live here anymore. She's already helping me out a lot by taking me shopping from time to time. It's an ordeal for her, I know drives her nuts and she leaves with a ton of bite marks on her tongue. Her room is still tidy, though.

We just haven't let our stuff morph into it yet.

I really need to stop posting when Im emotional. My posts are either extremely witchy, twitchy or maudlin.

I really need to find a way to relax that doesn't come from a pharmacy.

Thanks for trying to help. :)

Why would a therapist tell you to take control of your husbands pills? What you have written, you are extremely overwhelmed. by that responsibility.

I hope that things work out for your family.

God Bless