VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agoraphobia

Rate this topic

Guest Jim S.

• Founder

i also have a dog and one reason i got her was agoraphobia and she helps alot i can take her with me and sometimes i even take her to therapy with me sometimes, cause my therapist always says whatever gets you here :D

when the weather is nice i try to have a cup of coffee and stay outside in my backyard for 2 smokes that's how i time it, if i can make it to two smokes outside i'm doing good.

now me personally i am blessed with many nieces and nephews they grocery shop and run errands for me and sometimes they just come with it seems to make me less anxious when i know someone is with me though if i'm out a couple of hours doc appoinmnet whatever i start to get real edgy and agitated and if i can't get back to my house right away it's flown blown panic attack.

hang in we can try and give you some options that have worked for us.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

My biggest fear in the panic thing is that I will make a fool of myself in public by having an attack and be carted off as a raving maniac.

I think that you can do that. I think that it would be a good idea also.

http://sdog.danawheels.net/

Has a lot of info that you may find helpful. I looked into getting a a service dog vest for my dog but than I decided not to. Sometimes I do take her inside and she sits in the basket.

You have to train the dog if you are going to be around people. Unfortunately some people think that they can pet a dog anytime they want and I know that although my dog does not bite she does not like strangers at all.

Thanks for the link! I'm looking into it seriously now...the wife agrees, so it looks like a go, just have to find the right dog...has to get along with Chong, my siamese cat who is my 4th child. I would love to take Chong with me but he doesn't do car rides very well, he's worse than me!!

Boondoc

• Founder

i'm partial to pugs they were breed just for companionship and nothing else. they are like having a big dog in small package. she's happy going for a ride with me, taking a walk, napping, snacking she's just all around good with everything. smart yes, stubborn yes. drawback is they shed a lot however i get my girls hair clipped once a month and the shedding is unbelievably better.

oh yes she is clown and will do funny things just to get a laugh and an ear scratch :D she does seem to be somewhat of a nicotine addict she is always picking up butts it just sticks out of the corner of the mouth and she just hangs out with it dangling out the side of her mouth - she does crack me up - as puppy she was a handful, but not more than most puppies.

i wish you good luck with this

i'm partial to pugs they were breed just for companionship and nothing else. they are like having a big dog in small package. she's happy going for a ride with me, taking a walk, napping, snacking she's just all around good with everything. smart yes, stubborn yes. drawback is they shed a lot however i get my girls hair clipped once a month and the shedding is unbelievably better.

oh yes she is clown and will do funny things just to get a laugh and an ear scratch :D she does seem to be somewhat of a nicotine addict she is always picking up butts it just sticks out of the corner of the mouth and she just hangs out with it dangling out the side of her mouth - she does crack me up - as puppy she was a handful, but not more than most puppies.

i wish you good luck with this

Yeah a pug would work for me. I have also looked at Boston Terriers too.

I need to save up a little more money to get one.

Boondoc

Guest terrysturgis

BoonDoc, I have a Pomerenian. He weighs 4.5 lbs. Eats very little and makes small poops. When we walk if he runs out of energy I can carry him. He takes less room in bed than the wife. Loves to ride and puts up with everyone petting him. I took him to my bank and the teller smiled and said to me "You look gay with that little dog". Most of the good looking ladies smile at us and say "How Cute". I'm sure they are talking about Sam and not me. I named him Sam as it stands for Small Angry Mut. Maybe I should breed him with a Pug. T-Bird is yours availiable?

My daughter gave me Sam when she was on leave from the Army. He has been a blessing. Terry Sturgis