VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agoraphobia

Rate this topic

Guest Jim S.

• Founder
BoonDoc, I have a Pomerenian. He weighs 4.5 lbs. Eats very little and makes small poops. When we walk if he runs out of energy I can carry him. He takes less room in bed than the wife. Loves to ride and puts up with everyone petting him. I took him to my bank and the teller smiled and said to me "You look gay with that little dog". Most of the good looking ladies smile at us and say "How Cute". I'm sure they are talking about Sam and not me. I named him Sam as it stands for Small Angry Mut. Maybe I should breed him with a Pug. T-Bird is yours availiable?

My daughter gave me Sam when she was on leave from the Army. He has been a blessing. Terry Sturgis

sorry terry etta is smc loss of creative organs B) i know what you mean she is great and helps me all day long whether i want it or not. she's great for walks especially when i don't feel like it. it's good for me if i am feeling really down i just take her leash down and she won't leave me alone till we walk, it's a motivator. she loves a cozzy and a cuddle and she is a big hit whenever we are out. she is almost always happy and if she's not it's my fault B) i have added a cat i named her eartha kitty, she was lost and showed up at my sisters house about a year ago so i took her in, she is a calico very beautiful and has the nicest personality hard to believe. she get's along with etta and most everyone else she has acclimated nicely to the house. i try to take them to the groomers once a month, eartha is a long hair cat and i have her shaved once a month she looks like a lion when she's done. she loves it. etta getts clipped and bathed also she is a short hair dog but pugs shed like nothing i've seen before, the clipping and anit shed treatment really works.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry terry etta is smc loss of creative organs B) i know what you mean she is great and helps me all day long whether i want it or not. she's great for walks especially when i don't feel like it. it's good for me if i am feeling really down i just take her leash down and she won't leave me alone till we walk, it's a motivator. she loves a cozzy and a cuddle and she is a big hit whenever we are out. she is almost always happy and if she's not it's my fault B) i have added a cat i named her eartha kitty, she was lost and showed up at my sisters house about a year ago so i took her in, she is a calico very beautiful and has the nicest personality hard to believe. she get's along with etta and most everyone else she has acclimated nicely to the house. i try to take them to the groomers once a month, eartha is a long hair cat and i have her shaved once a month she looks like a lion when she's done. she loves it. etta getts clipped and bathed also she is a short hair dog but pugs shed like nothing i've seen before, the clipping and anit shed treatment really works.

I was on my way home the other day and saw a tent with cages all over, so I stopped to look around since I had seen a local organisation that takes in animals and then alters them and then adopts them out to good matches....I found a "tea cup" Chihuahua and we fell in love! I donated $100 for a priceless baby girl.

I took her to the VA today, but she stayed with my wife while I was in seeing the doc. I'm going to order a service dog badge...I looked up my states laws on service animals and I do meet the ADA quidlines and she is helping me go out now. I have had a very bad couple of weeks, but even though I have felt bad she has made a huge amount of difference...I'm getting out of bed early to take her out, and have someone at the house during the day when the rest of the family is out. I am beginning to understand how much these little guys can help, and in many different levels too.

I think that I'm going to just forget the SSRI's and use natural herbs and just learn to live with the way I am at the moment and not try to force something. I found a name for the reason I don't want to leave the house very often, andI guess there was an easier fix with meds, but I have found out different. I go to the psych. this Friday, and if no Xanax, or Atavan I'm calling it quits on the pschotherepy, etc. as a solutuion for agoraphobia...my wife and kids, and new little dog accept me as I am, so I guess I will too and just go out when I choose too.

BoonDoc

• HadIt.com Elder

Many who Post on Hadit know that making med decisions on our own is not a good thing to do. Most would suggest that you consult with your Doctor about changing, cutting back, increasing or dropping out Meds for Menal Health at all.

Many who Post on Hadit know that making med decisions on our own is not a good thing to do. Most would suggest that you consult with your Doctor about changing, cutting back, increasing or dropping out Meds for Menal Health at all.

Good point Pete....I wouldn't want anyone to read my post and decide to just quit taking meds without medical advise from their physcian. No medical advice was intended.

Boondoc