VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

95% Blockage To Heart

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

I not been on here is a few days, here is . I did a complet stress test last month, and things seemed OK. The card heart DR wanted to do a left heart cathization on the heart Ok that was done Tuesday the 25, he found a 95% blockage and put in a stent. he said there was another one with 70% blockage. So I guess my question is this a claim or not under agent orange? Yes I was a Viet Nam vet and was in the areas where it was sprayed. thanks for any response

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hollis,

You and I have a lot in common. I had Lexiscan stress test, echocardiogram and chest x-ray in July and was advised that all tests were normal. On September 14th, I ended up in the emergency room with sharp stabbing pains in the center of my chest. I had a catheterization and two stents were placed in my heart due to a 99% blockage and 80% blockage both in my LAD. Since you are a Vietnam vet with agent orange exposure, I believe you have a claim for Ischemic Heart Disease which is on the AO presumptive list. Blockages of the arteries in the heart is considered coronary artery disease which is also called ischemic heart disease. Check my recent post titled "Ischemic Heart Disease" and read the replies I received from other hadit forum members who know a lot more about this subject than I do. Good luck with your health and your claim.

Georgiapapa...

Georgiapapa sorry for your problems also. Man if all the test are showing up good and we find out they aren't, then why spend the money on them? And we in up going in the hospital and get a heart cath and find out the test was so for off. I want see my Dr for about 4-5 weeks out it seems he likes to wait 4-5 weeks after the operation before he will see you. But thanks for your reply to me.

Hollis,

My cardiologist advised she will have me sent straight to the cath lab and not delay for other diagnostic tests in the event I experience sharp chest pains in the future. She was puzzled by the normal results prior to my recent heart blockages and stated she is going to review their chest pain protocol.

If you have your cardiologist fill out a DBQ, review it before you submit it to the VA. My cardiologist had a nurse complete the DBQ and the nurse listed the primary diagnosis as angina and didn't show coronary artery disease which is shown in the doctor's report. My cardiologist didn't take the time to review it before she signed it. I am waiting for my cardiologist to prepare a corrected DBQ.

Georgiapapa...

Hollis & Georgiapapa, my husband also has IHD and is 100% SC. Before we filed his claim we obtained his medical records from the local VA Hosp. where he is treated. I read through the medical records and anything that pertained to blocked arteries, CAD, IHD, etc, I highlighted. This paperwork was included with the filing of the claim. It indeed was Fast Track, it took only 3 mos. to get a rating. Good luck with your claims and your health.

Thanks so much for your service,

VetswifeIndy

thanks vetwifeindy for your reply. I think I will apply for SSDI in a few weeks and see where that goes.

vetswifeIndy,

Thanks for your comments and your suggestions. I was never treated at the VA for my heart problems but I requested all of my medical records from my private cardiologist and have received part of them. As soon as I have all of the records and a corrected DBQ, I plan to file a Fast Track claim for the IHD.

Thanks again...

Georgiapapa