VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

95% Blockage To Heart

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

I not been on here is a few days, here is . I did a complet stress test last month, and things seemed OK. The card heart DR wanted to do a left heart cathization on the heart Ok that was done Tuesday the 25, he found a 95% blockage and put in a stent. he said there was another one with 70% blockage. So I guess my question is this a claim or not under agent orange? Yes I was a Viet Nam vet and was in the areas where it was sprayed. thanks for any response

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hollis,

As I told you in an earlier message, my cardiologist said she would send me straight to the hospital cath lab if I experienced any severe chest pains in the future. She was true to her word. Tuesday of this week, after experiencing more chest pains, my cardiologist performed another heart cath, found a 80% blockage in my PDA and installed another stent. Now I have three stents, two in my LAD and one in my PDA.

By the way, my PDA had a blockage of between 40% and 50% when I had my heart cath in mid September. It increased to 80% in a little over two months. This really concerns me that my artery blockages are building up so quick. I have a feeling I will become a regular at the cath lab.

I have filed an informal claim on my IHD but I am still waiting on some medical records before I submit my evidence package. If you don't mind, keep me posted on your status since we both have IHD and similarities in our conditions.

Good luck,

Georgia Papa.

• HadIt.com Elder

You guys are going to win your claims. You need to concentrate on staying alive to collect. Your health comes first. Your spouses need some education about DIC as do all spouses of vets with serious SC conditions.

I have 4 stents in my heart. I had all 4 of my arteries blocked . One was 100% blocked, One was 95% blocked . The other 2 were 90% blocked. My local ER told me if I had waited another hour before I got help,I would not be alive. It took 9 months for my claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

To win a claim at the VA in nine months is light speed. You have to figure in 6 months for coffee breaks and walk-around-the-buildings.

Georgiapapa & Chuck today I had a physcial done by a QTC contractor. This was done on behalf of my claim for hypertension and blood pressure. All was going fine until the Dr. asked me about my kidney diease. WOW was I surpise, I did not know I had KD and that is what I told him. He said it was on the papers from the VA leading up to this physical. I think I am going to my private Dr. next week and have him to run some test and find out was is going on. More update will follow.