• hate-ads-subscribe-now.jpg

• Ad
  • Ad
  • 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading
  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• Ad

Good evening everyone. Just finished up a C+P exam for GERD, everything went pretty well. The Providence VAMC doesn't seem to bad. During the exam the doc asked how close I was to 100%. I told him I am 90%. He said keep going till you are 100%. He also said the VA should take care of vets, and he has a mission to make that happen. He is a rare bird for sure.

The question. CUrrently I am 90% with SMC(k).I am fairly close to being 100% via scheduler alone, assuming I win on three DROs (anxitey, athopy of the testies, and allergic Rhitits) I retired with 20 years of service and get about 2400 dollars a month of retirement pay. If I am rated at 100% which is about 3K in CDRP. How much do I get in CRDP? It appears your CRDP can't be more that your retired pay. Is this true for 100% also? Am I fighting for 400 dollars or 1K?

Thanks for your time

7 answers to this question

CRDP and CRSC are explained here:

And if you put CRDP CRSC into the hadit search feature about 10 pages of discussion will pop up on these programs. We have some CRDPers and CRSCers here too.

Thanks for the links Berta. I looked at them but can't really find the answer I am looking for.

The policy says CRDP can't exceed Retirement pay. My retirement pay is 2400, if I hit 100% my CRDP would be about 3K. I am assuming I only get 2400 not 3K, but am trying to get some confirmation on that.

why did you have a C&P for GERD. was it for an increase., or just the usual. Just wonder if because you are close to 100 percent did they do a overall C&P. meaning everything that you are service connect for.

GERD was a new claim, was supposed to be on my first claim but got missed.

I retired 1.5 years ago got 80% after about a year of waiting.

Then last year my thyroid went wacky, so I got 30% from that.

I have three items on DRO appeal, which I hope turn out to be 30,20,10 and the GERD as a new claim which I am shooting for 30. If the stars line up right, I would hit 95% which would round up to 100. Which is where the 100% and CRDP pay question came from.

I'm curious about this as well. Being 90%, I am looking for a way to get to that 100% mark, from which I have been told is almost impossible at the 90% range. I tryed to do the math and couldnt, but you will definitely need to get one of your ratings bumped and probably another new one in the 30-50% range.

Also, let me know how your GERD goes, cause out of all my problems, I would say the GERD is the most troubling and was only rated at 10%, "see my ratings" and I will def try to get that one boosted up 10-20%.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Flyingsolo
      Hello had a few questions.  Husband was made 100% p&t Aug 2017 but he has been medically retired since Jan 2013 and been collecting Va and CRSC since then. 
      Well today we logged in and it now says retirement pay adjustment AEW dtd it’s in status under review. What all does that mean? Thank you everyone for your service.  
    • By Inthewind
      I know this has more then likely been discussed several times in the past, but I'm putting it out there because it's my current experience as I'm living it. Trying to keep it all in one place by adding to other threads that discuss this topic is somewhat frowned upon, which is why I'm starting this one.

Synopsis of my process so far:

Initial award: 50% in 2004 for a laundry list of things typical to a 25 year Army career of jumping, deploying, sleeping on rocks, not sleeping, not eating, stressing etc, etc, etc.
      I was in the middle of a bunch of life changes so didn't appeal anything. Bad decision on my part. I would recommend appealing if you feel you didn’t receive the outcome you deserve. Don’t wait and re-file or request increases like I did.

Fast forward to 2010: As we age, our "100% more abused then the average citizen" bodies are on a fast deterioration...and it was becoming evident that my days are numbered to continue at the pace I am now, or was. So I filed for increases in several areas and added a couple. I'd like to believe that's why my claim sat idle for almost 2 years, but...my C&P's were done in July 2012. All paperwork/documentation was in and final in December 2010. So, what was happening (Other than collecting Houston VARO dust) from Oct 2010 to July 2012, is an unknown. Maybe it had to do with it being an election year?? Who knows...

Anyway, a quick rundown:
      Second claim opened: 10/08/2010

- I received 3 notifications via mail (Other then the C&P notifications) between Oct 2010 and 1 February 2012 telling me that they were still working on my claim. After that, I received nothing until the C&P notifications.
      - eBenefits stayed in "Gathering Evidence" until August 2012.
      - April 2012: I said enough is enough. I contacted my Congressman. They said they were glad to take this on. They sent a letter to the VA inquiring into the status in early May. - Nothing changed. Early June, I contacted the Houston RO and got hung up on three times.
      - C&P exams (2) done in July 2012.
      - August 2012: eBenefits back and forth’s from "Gathering of Evidence" to "Review of Evidence".Second claim closed: 09/01/2012

- Found 100% P&T.
      - Received partial retro deposit before I got the brown envelope in the mail.
      - Packet received about 6 days after eBenefits showed closed. My AB8 and commissary letter showed 100% on 1 September 2012 with an effective date of 1 September 2012 but the retro amouont was in line with an effective date of 1 November 2010.
      - Partial retro paid: 09/06/2012 (~40% of total) (If you are a "For time" retiree and under CRSC/CRDP, the VA withholds a majority of the retrospective payment to allow DFAS (Defense Finance and Accounting Service) time to do an audit of your pay to make sure you don't owe them or they don't owe you. If you owe them, they get their cut straight out of the retro payment. If they owe you, they pay up and it's reflected in your Retiree Account Statement (RAS) in MyPay.
      - No contact from anyone, in any way, about anything, concerning the remainder of my retro. I did a lot of digging on the forums here and gleaned some good information, but it was scattered and none of it was consistent.Authorization Review Claim opened: 10/17/2012

- Asked questions here and had several different answers. Still not sure what this type of claim is.
      - Contacted DFAS on 20 September 2012 and they told me that the retro was under audit, call back for more info in a week or two. Called them back on 3 October and was told the DFAS audit was completed on the 29th. They then BATCH them and send them back to the VA once a month on the 15th. Some say it's the 19th but mine was back at the VA on the 15th of October.
      - DFAS paid out the CRSC difference in my current retired pay on 10/16/2012. (Too bad the VA can't process payments as fast as DFAS!)
      Authorization Review Claim closed: 11/16/2012

[*]Retired Pay Adjustment claim opened: 10/17/2012 (**Note: This didn't even show up on eBenefits until the 16th of November, after it was already closed!)

- This can have to do with a couple of actions. 1. The DFAS audit and CRSC/CRDP difference (**But that was paid out the day before this claim was opened) or 2. The final retro payment after the audit by DFAS and the review by the VA (Signatures) due to the amount of the retro, which is >$25K.
      [*]Retired Pay Adjustment claim closed: 11/16/2012

Another thing: My AB8 (Benefit Verification) letter effective date also changed from 1 September 2012 to 1 December 2011, which of course has me curious. Is this the actual date of the most recent payment adjustment to 100%? Or, in other words, the last time COLA was adjusted?

Remaining retro received 11/19/2012.

Hope this timeline helps reduce someone else’s stress!
  • Our picks

• e-Benefits Status Messages 

Claims Process – Your claim can go from any step to back a step depending on the specifics of the claim, so you may go from Pending Decision Approval back to Review of Evidence. Ebenefits status is helpful but not definitive. Continue Reading
      • 0 replies
    • I was rated at 10% for tinnitus last year by the VA. I went to my private doctor yesterday and I described to him the problems that I have been having with my sense of balance. Any sudden movement of my head or movement while sitting in my desk chair causes me to lose my balance and become nauseous. Also when seeing TV if there are certain scenes,such as movement across or up and down the screen my balance is affected. The doctor said that what is causing the problem is Meniere's Disease. Does any know if this could be secondary to tinnitus and if it would be rated separately from the tinnitus? If I am already rated at 10% for tinnitus and I could filed for Meniere's does any one know what it might be rated at? Thanks for your help. 68mustang
      • 15 replies
    • Feb 2018 on HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran. Sharing top posts and a few statistics with you.
      • 0 replies
    • I have a 30% hearing loss and 10% Tinnitus rating since 5/17.  I have Meniere's Syndrome which was diagnosed by a VA facility in 2010 yet I never thought to include this in my quest for a rating.  Meniere's is very debilitating for me, but I have not made any noise about it because I could lose my license to drive.  I am thinking of applying for additional compensation as I am unable to work at any meaningful employment as I cannot communicate effectively because of my hearing and comprehension difficulties.  I don't know whether to file for a TDUI, or just ask for additional compensation.  My county Veterans service contact who helped me get my current rating has been totally useless on this when I asked her for help.  Does anyone know which forms I should use?  There are so many different directions to proceed on this that I am confused.  Any help would be appreciated.  Vietnam Vet 64-67. 
    • If you are new to hadit and have DIC questions it would help us tremendously if you can answer the following questions right away in your first post.

What was the Primary Cause of Death (# 1) as listed on your spouse’s death certificate?

What,if anything, was listed as a contributing cause under # 2?

Was an autopsy done and if so do you have a complete copy of it?

It can be obtained through the Medical Examiner’s office in your locale.

What was the deceased veteran service connected for in his/her lifetime?

Did they have a claim pending at death and if so what for?

If they died from anything on the Agent Orange Presumptive list ( available here under a search) when did they serve and where? If outside of Vietnam, what was their MOS and also if they served onboard a ship in the South Pacific what ship were they on and when? Also did they have any major  physical  contact with C 123s during the Vietnam War?

And how soon after their death was the DIC form filed…if filed within one year of death, the date of death will be the EED for DIC and also satisfy the accrued regulation criteria.
      • 14 replies