VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Crdp

Rate this question

HSCM

Question

Good evening everyone. Just finished up a C+P exam for GERD, everything went pretty well. The Providence VAMC doesn't seem to bad. During the exam the doc asked how close I was to 100%. I told him I am 90%. He said keep going till you are 100%. He also said the VA should take care of vets, and he has a mission to make that happen. He is a rare bird for sure.

The question. CUrrently I am 90% with SMC(k).I am fairly close to being 100% via scheduler alone, assuming I win on three DROs (anxitey, athopy of the testies, and allergic Rhitits) I retired with 20 years of service and get about 2400 dollars a month of retirement pay. If I am rated at 100% which is about 3K in CDRP. How much do I get in CRDP? It appears your CRDP can't be more that your retired pay. Is this true for 100% also? Am I fighting for 400 dollars or 1K?

Thanks for your time

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

CRDP and CRSC are explained here:

And if you put CRDP CRSC into the hadit search feature about 10 pages of discussion will pop up on these programs. We have some CRDPers and CRSCers here too.

Thanks for the links Berta. I looked at them but can't really find the answer I am looking for.

The policy says CRDP can't exceed Retirement pay. My retirement pay is 2400, if I hit 100% my CRDP would be about 3K. I am assuming I only get 2400 not 3K, but am trying to get some confirmation on that.

HSCM,

why did you have a C&P for GERD. was it for an increase., or just the usual. Just wonder if because you are close to 100 percent did they do a overall C&P. meaning everything that you are service connect for.

REDDIT

GERD was a new claim, was supposed to be on my first claim but got missed.

I retired 1.5 years ago got 80% after about a year of waiting.

Then last year my thyroid went wacky, so I got 30% from that.

I have three items on DRO appeal, which I hope turn out to be 30,20,10 and the GERD as a new claim which I am shooting for 30. If the stars line up right, I would hit 95% which would round up to 100. Which is where the 100% and CRDP pay question came from.

I'm curious about this as well. Being 90%, I am looking for a way to get to that 100% mark, from which I have been told is almost impossible at the 90% range. I tryed to do the math and couldnt, but you will definitely need to get one of your ratings bumped and probably another new one in the 30-50% range.

Also, let me know how your GERD goes, cause out of all my problems, I would say the GERD is the most troubling and was only rated at 10%, "see my ratings" and I will def try to get that one boosted up 10-20%.