VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Waiting...

Rate this question

c-vet1982

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

this is a claim that dates back to 1981, as stupid as this sounds I literally fell off my bunk at about 5-6 feet while sleeping and sustained a sever gash on my right ear and bad headaches and fluid draining from my ear I some how eventually ended up in 3 psych hospitals with amnesia and psychotic type episodes, I have only vague memories of my life for that 3 month period I was never given a CAT scan or anything but was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia pumped with all kinds of anti-psychotic drugs to the point of feeling like a zombie. I was eventually released but never returned for an appointment so I was discontinued any benefits - I think the reason I stopped going was fear of being readmitted as those drugs are horrible. I opened a claim back in 2009 and have had 2 C & P exams but now stuck in gathering of evidence. I have my C-file so I now know what happened but I honestly get scared thinking about what could have happened to me in those hospitals as reading about it brought me back to the hell I experienced... I don't know what's going to happen but due to my extreme fatigue & irritability I don't know how much longer I can continue to work as my body is falling apart slowly and I am deeply depressed as I have been for the last 30 years...

-CP

Still alive and still waiting. After twenty three years, my 1989 claim is finally at the CAVC. My 1994 claims are as well. Docket date pending. VA threw down the gauntlet at the Rule 33 Hearing so it's off to Court--until they see the writing on the wall and opt for the JMR. Onward through the fog. Pray you get Meg Bartley if you go up there.