VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

So My Claim Was Transferred From Ny To Lincoln, Ne

Rate this question

Greg88

Question

So they transferred my claim from the NY RO to the Lincoln, NE RO, it shows that they received pieces of the evidence I submitted (Letter from private MD and permission to contact my MD), but not the DBQ my private MD filled out or medical records that were submitted. With the transfer they changed my claim from "Preparing for Descision" to Regulatory or procedural Review, does the process start over or do they just look at the what they have ie: C&P done on 9/11/12 (exactley the same as the one my private MD filled out, though the C&P examiner noted my peripheral neuropathy is worse than my MD stated) or do they keep going thru things. I've been at 100% for the last 15 years, 2 years at 60% and 20 at 40% all for Diabetes Type 1 and it's complications. With the VA I know one should expect surprises, even though the evidence all leans in my favor, but reading in many posts that they have decided to cut someone back makes me wonder.

Greg

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

You have waht is called a brokered case. It is simply one RO processing claims for another RO. The claim does not start over. Once the case is rated it will go back to NY. This is standard practice.

You have waht is called a brokered case. It is simply one RO processing claims for another RO. The claim does not start over. Once the case is rated it will go back to NY. This is standard practice.

my claim for depression was adjudicated in jackson, miss although st petersburg, fl is my regional office.

So I'm wondering how is Lincoln,NE RO compared to other RO's in settling claims, my DAV SO told me the soonest the VA would look at my case was Oct. 19th, he told me this on the Sept 31st, then the switch to the NE RO in Oct., my DAV SO tells me it's a pretty simple claim compared to other's in the system. The VA was my primary provider fro 1976-1997, then I went private and gave them my MDs letter and filled out DBQ, C&P exam in Sept. affirmed my Dr.s DBQ, in my eyes it's pretty cut and dry. It's funny with the condition I have I need an MD's care, it's not like I can disappear for 4 or 5 years and not seek medical care, a week without insulin and a needle and I'm knocking on the deaths door. For the last 36 years the VA has been saying my condition is not permanent, I wonder what it takes to convince them.

Greg

• HadIt.com Elder

Ice

That almost makes sense since St. Pete is so busy. I was told they get 10,000 pieces of mail a day.

I have used St. Pete for 40 years. They have never given me a break I did not have to fight for so maybe you are lucky.

John

Ice

That almost makes sense since St. Pete is so busy. I was told they get 10,000 pieces of mail a day.

I have used St. Pete for 40 years. They have never given me a break I did not have to fight for so maybe you are lucky.

John

that claim was expedited due to a pending housing issue i had at that time. i'm sure that was the reason jackson, miss got involved.