VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Decision Approval

Rate this question

Big Mac

Question

According to Ebenefits my claim has been sitting @ Pending Decision Approval for over two weeks. I've called 1-800-827-1000 twice & their response is that my claim is in notification phase with an average 15 days to receive.

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Update, my claim is back to Pending Decision Approval as of 3 Jan 2013. This claim has been in Pending Notification twice in the last 60 days! Tick Tock, waiting waiting! This claim was submitted 26 Aug 2010!

Update, according to E-benefits my claim is still Pending Decision Approval as of 3 Jan 2013. I called 1-800-827-1000 according to the "VA rep" my claim was moved to Pending Notification as of 14 Jan & Complete as of 17 Jan, still there are no updates to E-benefits online!

Have you checked your AB8? (under Download Document Tab) Not saying this always happens but my claim went through the same things your seeing....forward..then back...forward and back....did not show complete, but I checked the AB8 just for the heck of it and it showed an updated percentage. I received the big brown envelope yesterday and retro hit bank today....ebenefits is still showing gathering evidence....have some contentions that were deferred.

and that's validates the point I have been saying about ebenefits. If this system worked the way it was designed, it would be awesome! but it is not. Normally, not update or current. Guys, there are a lot of folks with a lot of different opinions and thats ok. What worked for one, one way, does not necessarly work for another. I've seen this so many times.

My own opinion concerning ebenefits, NEVER submit a claim over this site. I've had many veterans that have done this only to be told by VA that they have no record it. I see this at leat 20 times a year, and that's 20 to many!

When submitting a claim, I believe the best and fastest way is, have all medical documentation to support your claim, ALL documentation! Submit these records with a VA FM 21-526ez. This is a fully developed claim, which are being adjudicated within 90 days. A lot of older vets are struggling to believe this, but it is true. I have done a lot of them with extremely positive results for the veteran.

Even if you are just requesting an increase in a SC disability, works the same way. If VA has all your paperwork, there is a block half way down the page where you list the VARO, that services your claim and a second line to provide the VA clinic you attend and the Doctors name.

Just checked ebenefits, my status is now "notification pending" as of 26 Nov 2012, today date. I checked the A8 letter, no change. Went to the VA Center downtown today, asked why would the VA not grant IU, when my SSDI is service connected for my back and knees only. According to Social Security Adminstration I became disabled the day of my 2nd back surgery due to spinal disorders. I was still on active duty at the time of my 2nd surgery, Oct 2010, I retired from the AF 31 Dec 2010.

I can't understand why VA didn't grant IU? What is my next step?

there are certain requirements for TDIU. Just because the social security awards you compensation, doesn't mean that the VA will rate you at 100% schedular or TDIU. The VA rates each disability within the paramiters of 38cfr, chapter 3 and M21,adjudication procedures. The VA and SS have begun reveiwing each others documentation. Some vets say this is good and other vets have told me that it was used against them. What is your rating for your back? Also remember, you can have several operations on your back, however, the rating comes from your range of motion. You can always submit a VA FM 21-8940 and request TDIU, I would obtain a doctors letter stating that you can not work.

I was awaiting my decision for disability compensation and I walked into the regional office and they told me that I was in the pending decision approval phase and I had a congressional flash on my file. This was due to me talking to a member of congress from my district in my city. I asked the va counselor what I should do and if I should keep congress on the case. He said no and not to do anything anymore because I was in the last phase of the whole claims process. Two weeks later I was awarded. So if you are anywhere in your process I would recommend that you talk to your congressman and not only once. Talk to them and stay on them at least once every three weeks.

i disagree with your comments about your congressman. They only will be told what the VA tells you. The place where they come into real use, is when a claim is at the end of it's journey, they can speed it up there or if a veteran is waiting on retroactive pay.