VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange Time Frame

Rate this question

buckeye46

Question

I was talking to my lawyer this morning on another subject and I asked if he was knowledgeable about agent orange. BTW, he was a judge adj(spelling) while in the military. He told me that there was a time frame to file for C&P. SO my questions is does anyone know if this true. I just had a stint put in my heart, had 95% blockage on the 25 of this month. I do have another blockage that I can see in the pictures. I am thinking my Dr. will want to do another stint next few months or next year.I have a meeting with him on the 31 of OCT.I will know more then. any input on this is appreciated.

thanks,

Hollis

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

First, you don't file for a C&P, the VA RO requests a C&P. You file a claim. Assuming you fall under the A/O presumptive rules, stints and blockages fall under IHD as presumptive.

You will want to file evidence (medical records) of the stint implantation, the severity of the blockages, etc. The sooner you file, the better off you are.

You show an existing 50% disability, so I assume that the VA has a "C-file" with your name on it. You may also have related problems, such as high blood pressure, PAD, etc. After stint implantation, and associated test results hopefully taken with the stint implantation, you should have documentation of such things as ejection (LVEF for example) These can be used by the VA to determine the compensation percentage. An LVEF of less than 30 equates to 100% schedular compensation.

You will likely have to prove "feet on ground" Vietnam service, if you haven't already done so. I also believe you may qualify for a temporary 100% rating, even if the LVEF is above 30.

Edited by Chuck75

thanks Chuck75, Yes I know I can't file for C&P,should not have written that in, sorry. But like I said I will know the full extent of the surgery 31 of OCT. I can prove that I was foot on the ground, I was 11B40, 25th INF, K9 handler walking point. I do have a CIB and BS listed on my DD214. SO THAT SHOULD NOT BE ANY PROBLEM, but I know I am dealing with the VA in Atlanta, so who knows what will happen. I am being treated for PTSD since May and still in treatment. I have high blood pressure that my VA Dr.discover and is treating me for it. But once again thanks for your valuable input. Thanks

I was talking to my lawyer this morning on another subject and I asked if he was knowledgeable about agent orange. BTW, he was a judge adj(spelling) while in the military. He told me that there was a time frame to file for C&P. SO my questions is does anyone know if this true. I just had a stint put in my heart, had 95% blockage on the 25 of this month. I do have another blockage that I can see in the pictures. I am thinking my Dr. will want to do another stint next few months or next year.I have a meeting with him on the 31 of OCT.I will know more then. any input on this is appreciated.

thanks,

Hollis

File your claim ASAP. The effective date of comp usually begins with

the date the claim is filed.