VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does Senatorial And Congressional Involvement Help?

Rate this question

SolInvictus

Question

Does it help in a DRO appeal to involve your local senator or congressman to get your case closed? And does anyone know the average time that takes to get results. Thanks for any input in advance.

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Down the road.At first, It will be a stock inquiry the VA will blow off. As your congressperson begins to believe you might really have a claim they may be helpful. But years are going to go by....

Wanted to add something else about the congressman's office staff I refered to a few posts dowm...the liason person told the vet his RO had a new Director and his name, and info about him, ie he really cares about vets and she felt he had "some influence" and I guess we will see...She said the 2 that she dealt with which is in my previous post too.

I know it took me forever and settled with them to keep my sanity...I did not use any congressional or senatorial assistance. Just facts, internet studies, became a main point of assistance, and my professional relationship with the C&P staff. I even found a nun from Mississippi to write a statement concerning my claim...(from 1969)

. This was my life's purpose to win, for my sanity, and my reputation, and the befefits. So one has to use all the educational evidence out there and all the professional, literature, studies worldwide, facts, books, articles, etc to get the evidence to win!

It gets discouraging, very much so, especially when a va employee takes your file and writes a statement to deny by changing the facts/dates/opinions of physicians to deny, then stop payments stating you are deceased, then trying to sever , and denying again, and you request DRO Denovo review hearing, and finally you bombard them, and they cue and you get P&T... So I know how they work, operate, and "make up or change facts" to use any tactic to deny!! If and when I find out this vet finally gets results (satisfactorily) I will post his experience using his congressional assistance. You have to do what you think is your best option...Sorry I got into this more but I wanted you to know the RO is NOT yyour friend, it rarely matters your diagnosis/illiness, if someone decides not to grant, you have the fight of your life on.

Good luck and I hope you have a fair person that reads, and understands you claim, and favors on the side of the vet with the evidence. halos2

Sorry wanted to add this guys office does not pull the file but has someone review it and the facts, so it doesn't go to the bottom of the pile. It moves on...

Great insight Halos2, that is quite a story you just related. That RO really climbed the walls just to deny. Sounds almost a bit too personal. And you are definitely right as well Deanbrt. Thanks.

"..Sorry I got into this more but I wanted you to know the RO is NOT yyour friend, it rarely matters your diagnosis/illiness, if someone decides not to grant, you have the fight of your life on."

Sadly, very true words.....

• HadIt.com Elder

Like all things political it really depends on how much juice the Congress Critter has. If you are lucky enought to have one who sits on a Veterans Committee probaly helps a lot. But I remember at how the Army would laugh about Congressional Inquiries but it sure made them mad.

I actually think that the best way to make the VA move is to obtain a Writ of Mandamus. Just my opinion.