VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Timeline For Completion

Rate this question

SolInvictus

Question

Does anyone know in a denovo case what the average time span is from the time your case is handed to the DRO for final decision to when he submits it for rating? All things being equal and provided there is no further cause for delay such as evidence gathering, C&P results etc. Is it a mater of days/ weeks or months? Thanks in advance folks.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Well it will depend on your RO.

It will also depend on:

Whether they actually do the C&P they requested right.

Whether they did all the C&P's that were requested.

How long the two previous listed delays, will delay things, will depend on whether anyone looked at the afore mentioned C&Ps. I had a C&P in June 2011 and they decided it wasn't sufficient in July 2012.

Did you request a DRO hearing? if you did, they won't move forward until someone types up a transcript of the hearing (usually wrong).

Another thing that causes long delays, is when the DRO decides something isn't right and he sends it back to development. The workload on the development people will determine if the correcting action (new C&P, Med Opinion, ect) is requested in 60 days or 90 days or just isn't requested at all.

You might want to figure out a scheme to win the powerball lottery, I think that would be a more successful endeavor than trying to figure out when VA will do anything.

Best regards,

Does anyone know in a denovo case what the average time span is from the time your case is handed to the DRO for final decision to when he submits it for rating? All things being equal and provided there is no further cause for delay such as evidence gathering, C&P results etc. Is it a mater of days/ weeks or months? Thanks in advance folks.

There are no timeframes or average answers that I would count on.

It's all a waiting game.

You can easily be waiting anywhere from 6 months to a couple of years.

JMHO

Thanks Carlie, I asked your opinion on senatorial intervention as well and was hoping you could consider my issues and let me know what you think. I think it's on the "ask a senator" topic page. Thanks in advance.