VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenfits Ruling

Rate this question

Kray

Question

I submitted my claim for dependents in July 2012 and it appears that it was settled today and from what I see it seems that it has been disapproved and I must appeal. No other infomation is available on the web site. Guess I must wait until I get a letter of some sort. The Va has many ways to determine dependent status (wife); Deers, IRS, yet they take three months tosay no, if I understand it properly.

Date/Type of Claim Date Closed Updates Action 07/24/2012

Dependency 10/30/2012 Appeal is Possible View Boards of Veterans' Appeal Staus

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I submitted my claim for dependents in July 2012 and it appears that it was settled today and from what I see it seems that it has been disapproved and I must appeal. No other infomation is available on the web site. Guess I must wait until I get a letter of some sort. The Va has many ways to determine dependent status (wife); Deers, IRS, yet they take three months tosay no, if I understand it properly.

My Claim for Dependent (wfe) was ruled on Oct 30, 2012 as indicated above. Here it is November 23, 2012 and after checking Ab8 letter every couple of days with no change in date of ruling or amount, nor have I received any letter from the postal service and am still waiting to determine if ruling is favorable or negative. The E-Benefits web site seems worthless as it has provided nothing. What would my next step be, just keep on waiting or what?

Thank you

Edited by Kray

Wow, I have also applied for my dependency retro-pay. I have submitted all of the information needed like: Birth Certificates, Social security cards, marriage license, and divorce decree. I filed with the Atlanta RO in July 2012 and Ebennies stated that I should recieve a decision by March 2013.

I never thought that a dependency claim with sufficient evidence could be denied.......what a bomber

Atlanta VARO sucks at this. They called because they were missing the SSAN for my youngest in March 2012. The completion date keeps getting bumped back and is now 1/13/13. All just to add the SSAN I provided in March, 2012. Best of luck to you!

That appeal notice is standard for ALL claims.

It doesn't mean anything.

Have you checked your payment status?

Have checked many times since case was closed on 10/24/2012. No mail, no letter, no money change on letter, no answer from emails sent twice on inquiry. The VA is lacking something.

Lucky you. I submitted my claim for dependents in January and it's still pending. Submitted a reevaluation for thyroid in September and it was shot down--got the letter today. Of course, they didn't look at my medical records from Ft. Knox, only the VA records and I haven't seen them for several years.