VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do C&p Doctors Look At Your Med Records? No!

Rate this question

jpaul

Question

A friend and neighbor of mine received a letter saying that his compensation of 100% for prostate cancer was going to be reduced to 0%. He told me that he recently had an exam by a very rude Dr. who asked him all kinds of questions about frequency of urination, leakage, number of pads worn etc. He answered no to all questions. Now for the best part. His urology Dr. has told him that for now the best treatment is watchful waiting. He stil has a cancerous prostate. They were doing an exam for residuals while he stil has active prostate cancer. Go figure

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

He stil has a cancerous prostate. Apparently, he had some treatment for the PCA, whether prostatectomy, ERBT, or brachytherapy(I'm ignoring hormonal tx for the moment) some months back... what is the current PSA? If tx was ERBT or brachytherapy, was another prostate bx done? Note: it isn't routine to do a post-tx biopsy unless there is some reason.

WRT Do C&p Doctors Look At Your Med Records? it isn't the journey or how you got to a position, it's current status.

The rating criteria for prostate cancer are at Diagnostic Code (DC) 7528 at 38 CFR 4.115b. http://www.benefits....RT4/S4_115b.DOC , with the post operative rating criteria under voiding dysfunction at 38 CFR 115a. http://www.benefits....RT4/S4_115a.DOC

A friend and neighbor of mine received a letter saying that his compensation of 100% for prostate cancer was going to be reduced to 0%. He told me that he recently had an exam by a very rude Dr. who asked him all kinds of questions about frequency of urination, leakage, number of pads worn etc. He answered no to all questions. Now for the best part. His urology Dr. has told him that for now the best treatment is watchful waiting. He stil has a cancerous prostate. They were doing an exam for residuals while he stil has active prostate cancer. Go figure

As mentioned in the original post he has had no treatment at all for his PCA. His doctor has adopted watchful waiting as the appropriate treatment for right now. He stil has prostrate cancer. Since there has been no treatment how can there be any residuals? Both the C&P dr.and the rater have blown this one. All they had to do was read his med records

Well then, it should be real easy to refute the proposed reduction, shouldn't it? If he is being treated by a non-VA physician, make sure that the VARO has the most recent tx records.

But a long shot thought just hit me ... is/was there some doubt as to a confirmed diagnosis of prostate cancer? What was the verbiage in the Rating Decision that proposed the reduction? Though, it would be somewhat unusual to reduce to 0% and yet maintain service connection in this situation.

As mentioned in the original post he has had no treatment at all for his PCA. His doctor has adopted watchful waiting as the appropriate treatment for right now. He stil has prostrate cancer. Since there has been no treatment how can there be any residuals? Both the C&P dr.and the rater have blown this one. All they had to do was read his med records