VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Had My Ptsd Dbq Increase (C&p) Any Opinion Please.

Rate this question

usmc89

Question

I was SC for 30% went to see my Phys 2 months ago and he said i was getting worse so i put in for and Increase so here are the results from the C&P.

Axis I: PTSD, Depressive disorder NOS

Axis II: none

Axis III: Chronic Back Pain, IBS, h/o Lyme Disease, sleep apnea-reports he cannot tolerate CPAP so this is presently untreated, GERD, hypertension, chronic kidney disease, Fibromyalgia.

Axis IV: Psychosocial and Environmental Problems (discribe if any): chronic medical and psychiatric illness

Axis V: Gaf score: 45-50

Dose the Veteran have more than one mental disorder DX?

YES

if yes complete the following

is it possible to differentiate the systems

NO

Given reported increase in both PTSD and Depressive systems since last examination(previously DX as adjustment disorder), multiple stressors impacting both conditions, overlapping systems of each condition and each agravating the other i cannot fully seperate these conditions.

No TBI.

4 Occupational and Social Imparment

This was check: Occupational and social impairment with deficiencies in most areas, such as work,school,family relations,judgement,thinking and/or mood

PTSD Diagnostic Criteria ( theses will be shorten some what)

Criterion A: ( 2 where check)

the Vet experience, witness or was confronted with an event

The Veteran response involved intense fear, helplessness or horror.

Crit B (5 where check)

Recurrent and distressing recollection of the event, including images, thoughts or perceptions.

Recurrent distressing dreams of the event.

Acting or feeling as if the traumatic event were recurring: this includes a sense of reliving the experience, illusions, Ect..ect

Intense psychological distress at exposure to internal or external cues that symbolize or resemble an aspect of the traumatic event.

Physiological reactivity on exposure to internal or external cues that symbolize or resemble an aspect of the traumatic event.

Crit C ( six where check)

1) Efforts to avoid thoughts

2) efforts to avoid activities, places or people that arouse recollections of the truma

3)Markley diminished interest or participation in significant activities.

4)Feeling of detachment or estrangement from others.

5)Restricted range of affect

6)Sense of a foreshortened future.

Crit D (5 where check)

1) Difficulty falling or staying asleep.

2) Irritability or outbursts of anger.

3)Difficulty concentrating.

4)Hypervigilance

5)Exaggerated startle response.

Crit E

The duration of the systems described above in Criteria B,C and D is more that 1 a month.(this was check)

Crit F:

The PTSD systems described above cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational or other important areas of functioning.(this was check)

Symptoms

For VA rating purpose, check all symptoms that apply

Depressed Mood

Anxiety

Suspiciousness

Panic attacks more than once a week

Chronic sleep impairment

Flattend affect

Imparied abstract thinking

Disturbances of motivation and mood

Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships

Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances, including work or a work like setting

Suidcidal ideation

obessional rituals which interfere with routing activities

Impaired impulse control, such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence

Negect of personal appearance and hygiene

I hope i put in enough to see what you think it might be. My wife cried when she saw this. Thanks

Edited by usmc89

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Based on this I would think probably 70% but there are no guarantees until you get the award letter.That being said this was very similar to what my C&P exam stated except I was given a slightly lower GAF score...Good luck and I hope it comes out good for you.........................Grid

I would go 70 also, depending on the rater it could possibly be higher.

The neglect of appearance and hygiene could be a competency issue later though. Quite possibly if the rater goes 100 % that issue will be broached. A lower GAF is more serious. Although the 100 would be nice for you, stay away from the competency issue.