VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update From E-Benne

Rate this question

vetswifeIndy

Question

I happened to check E-benefits this morning and under "What we have not received from you" was this.

Wondering if all this will cause the claim to be denied. We've been waiting since 10/ 2010.

VetswifeIndy

withdraw of claim for diabetes

(We withdrew this claim a year ago) 06/21/2012 10/09/2012

EFT - Treasury Mandate Notification

(I called the 1-800 # to give this info, they informed me they already had it. 08/01/2012 10/09/2012

M01 STRs from service dept

(Don't even know what this is) 11/30/2010 06/22/2012 VA Exam Endocrine Diabetes Mellitus 05/01/2012 06/21/2012

PTSD - Need stressor details/med evid personal trauma incdnt

(This was submitted at beginning of claim in 10/ 2010) 12/15/2010 06/22/2012 PTSD - Need stressor details/med evid combat-related incdnt 12/15/2010 06/22/2012

Request Service Treatment Records from Veteran

(Don't ever remember them asking for this) 12/15/2010 06/22/2012 Continuity - med evid since service needed (Diabetes) 12/15/2010 06/21/2012 Continuity - med evid since service needed (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) 12/15/2010 06/21/2012 Continuity - med evid since service needed (Tinnitus (claimed as ringing in ears)) 12/15/2010 06/21/2012 Continuity - med evid since service needed (Bilateral Hearing Loss) 12/15/2010 06/21/2012 Withdraw of diabetes 06/22/2012 06/22/2012

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Those are the " tracked items" the VA uses, and the evidence received. With all the work on Ebene they must have patched into the wrong source code.

Not to be too personal, but if your 100% is your claim for P&T, or going for extra schedular something.

Well, my ebennies horror story is this: Claim submitted 8/2011 and increase granted 5/2012, with TDIU deferred. All docs requested have been received by VA and noted on ebennies. On 9/23/12 when the big 'upgrade' happened, the claim went to Prep for Notification. 4-weeks later it was still at Prep for Notification. I finally called 800# to be told that the Prep for Notification was in reference to the increase back in May. Then, on 11/5 looking at ebennies, the claim has gone back to Review of Evidence (noting Claim RESTART date, wtf). Concurrently, I received an IRIS message stating that the TDIU deferment is now back to Review of Evidence, there doesn't appear to be anything outstanding, they will notify me if they need anything, and it is estimated that my RO takes about 11-months on a claim, depending on blah, blah, blah.

So, here is what I have extrapolated from this whole deal, 5/2012 they granted an increase and decided to defer TDIU. For 6-months now, the TDIU has just been sitting in some rat hole with absolutely no attention, not even a 'we are working on your claim sorry for the delay' letter. Now that I've made an IRIS inquiry, this claim has gone back to the bottom of the pile, however, they've acknowledged that they don't need any further information, (they have all they need to make a decision) but that particular process can now take ANOTHER 11 months (estimated of course), for review only. The VA sucks, not just for my veteran, but for every veteran that volunteers to risk (some lost) their life for this great country of ours.

Butch,

my husband's 100%p&t is for IHD, CAD. The other claims are ptsd & hearing which haven't been settled as of yet.

Thanks for your service,

VetswifeIndy

About a month ago I was checking E-bennies to see if there was movement on my claim.While I was there I checked my AB8 letter.I almost had a heart attack, as it showed me at 10% and at the time I was rated at 70% and gettibg a deposit every month for the 70% amount. They also showed that they needed more evidence from me for my claims but I had not been contacted by the Waco RO. 3 days later they closed my claims and my ab8 showed me at 90%.I recieved the official letter in about another 3 days and had been awarded my claims pushing me up to 90%.....So take what E-bennies shows with a grain of salt as it is usually not correct....................................grid