VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Request For Hearing? Confused

Rate this question

SolInvictus

Question

Fellows, can the DRO request to see the vet before making decision? If so, what are the pros and cons of the vet declining this request if the vet feels his new and material evidence is sufficient and nothing good can come of giving the DRO more grounds to circumvent the IMO and C&P results.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

can the DRO request to see the vet before making decision? I am not aware of anything that absolutely prohibits this.

If so, what are the pros and cons of the vet declining this request if the vet feels his new and material evidence is sufficient and nothing good can come of giving the DRO more grounds to circumvent the IMO and C&P results. If you truly believe that there is sufficient evidence to get what you want, turn down the request.

However, I'm not sure I would if I were in your shoes.

Fellows, can the DRO request to see the vet before making decision? If so, what are the pros and cons of the vet declining this request if the vet feels his new and material evidence is sufficient and nothing good can come of giving the DRO more grounds to circumvent the IMO and C&P results.

Jvretiredvet, I'm suspicious because they keep insisting on this. At first they tried to convince me I signed the request thru the vfw, when I pushed them on this they back tracked and claimed the DRO requested it. I have a feeling the regional office is up to no good and are grabbing at straws to get themselves out of granting my appeal. Knowing how they've taken every opportunity in the past 2 yrs to slow walk my claim, I have a strong feeling they're looking for a reason outside the C&P results and the mountain of evidence in my favor to justify denying me. Can they use my refusal to submit to this meeting as a basis for denial? I thought it was up to the vet to request this. My instincts are screaming its a set up, can it hurt my case to say no thanks?

Does anyone know the 38CFR section that governs the DRO concerning hearing requests? I would feel better if I read the regs and knew just how far they can stray to deny the vet outside of objective doctors evidence regarding PTSD and tbi claims

It sure sounds odd to me. I agree. I thought the vet was the one that requested it.

Yeah. I spoke to them and the issue apparently has to do with the overlap between tbi and PTSD. Seems they want to meet up to determine which level of each is most debilitating. If that makes any sense to you. I consented but I hope this doesn't adversely affect my chances of winning my case since ill be talking face to face with the DRO. My judge, jury and hangman.

I discovered it is all a crap shoot and the key is to never accepting no for an answer. I would visit with a VSO before, like the American Legion. DO NOT use DAV.