VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Need Help With My Nexus Letter

Rate this question

gousto64

Question

Is their anything that can be added to my letter I am gousto64

Nexus Letter

Dr. smith-Orthopedic Surgeon

Address

To Whom it may concern,

I am a Board Certified

in Sports Medicine Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery Licensed in Louisiana, with 17 years experience in my field of medicine . I’ve been treating Patient: smucktelley for (2 years) and I've been asked to provide an Independent Medical Opinion as to the patients condition as well as to providing a nexus to the patients Left shoulder and arm conditions.

I've reviewed the patients civilian as well as Military medical records and deem it in my medical opinion, that Patients Left Shoulder and Arm problems are due to over use and is secondary to his service connected Right Shoulder injury patient suffered in 1988 following a rollover auto accident. Patient injured right shoulder or a Grade 3 shoulder separation With impingement . Patient has developed problems with his left shoulder and arm due to repetitive use, symptoms have been constant and have worsened over the past years. Patient suffered from the following symptoms at least 3 or more times a week with pain and numbness.

In conclusion, it is in my medical and professional opinion, that the patients left shoulder and arm problems was caused by or the result of his right service connected shoulder injury (100% Medical certainty) and the conditions and symptoms have worsened and should be considered as secondary to his injury from May 1988.

Please feel free to contact my office should you have any questions regarding this medical opinion or need any other assistance from my office.

Regards,

Dr. smith 9 November 2012

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I am not a doc, but I noticed you mentioned symptoms, but did not specify what those symptoms are. Is there loss of range of motion? Has Dr. Smith recommended limiting the shoulder's use? Can he lift 5 pounds, 10 pounds, 50 pounds etc with the shoulder?

Is the patient prescribed pain medications for symptoms? If so, which one?

Can he lift with the other shoulder? If so, how many pounds?

Edited by broncovet
he should reference the medial literature that allows him to come to the conclusion that your left shoulder condition is related to your right. other than that it is very strong. good luck.

he should reference the medial literature that allows him to come to the conclusion that your left shoulder condition is related to your right. other than that it is very strong. good luck.

I agree he needs to provide support with full medical rationale.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use