VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Obstructive Sleep Apnea (Osa) Info Requested?

Rate this topic

It does write the data directly to the smart card. We never had a problem with ours but maybe demons did something.

Well, I had my annual CPAP appointment today. Last year they told me I had missed 25 nights of using it and that I only used it for 4 hours a night. I didn't agree but said nothing. I faithfully used it every night since for at least 7 hours. I have a claim in for it so you know I will do whatever it takes.

So today I asked about usage of the CPAP. She showed me the report that I only used it 4 hours per night and that I didn't use it for 344 night within the last year. I was furious. I said her program was wrong. She said nothing was wrong with the program. I said then the CPAP is wrong then she said the CPAP was fine. So I said then you are saying I lied. She said yes. I asked for her name which she didn't like and said to go ahead and complain about her. I assured her I would.

I asked for another CPAP because it was wrong. She said I could get one next year. I said and you will get the same results too.

I was told that I have severe sleep Apnea and I'm supposed to trust this machine.

I just sent my Senator an email. They have helped me twice before.

I hope you all have better luck with your CPAP.

vet12

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PR,

My wife and I have Apria and American Home Patient and had problems with both which I now believe now every durable medical equipment provider does the same thing.

Numerous billing issues..............then they Apria recharged us for full payments two years later. AHP made double accounts and wouldn't consoldate them and after going through our records with AHP after you carry a credit for 2 months they took the credit and put it to a ZERO balance.

Needless to say we are still looking for someone to use for a DME. I would say it is a local office matter but with AHP I contacted their HQ and they had no clue of where our prepaid account balances where going.

Mistakes we made were by paying ahead of time and paying more than the min.

OK, had a new sleep study and they'll be putting me on a BiPAP, which I'll be going thru Medicare and my Medicare co-ins for. Has anyone any dealings w/Lincare or Apria medical services, either good or bad?? They appear to both service my area in NC and in VT, when I'm home, but I don't have any experience w/either. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks again!

pr

Just an update. I received a call from the VA this morning and I will be getting a new machine. I knew the report was incorrect because I had not missed a night of using it.

vet12

• HadIt.com Elder

Here's an update: I received a new BiPAP machine, thru Medicare, which is set at 21 for inhalation and 14 for exhalation. I've been using the machine for eight nights, faithfully, but I'm still waking up 5-7 times over the course of the evening. I usually wear the machine between 9-11 hrs. Any thoughts as to why I might be waking??? Thanks to any who respond. I'm using Lincare, Inc. , a national company.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Phil

If you stop breathing does this machine breath for you? Some do and some don't. I have the wake-up problems as well. Often I wake up very dry even though I have humidifier. The seal on your machine may be breaking thus causing famous farting noise or high pitched scream. Do you have to piss often? Do you nap in day time?

John

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Here's an update: I received a new BiPAP machine, thru Medicare, which is set at 21 for inhalation and 14 for exhalation. I've been using the machine for eight nights, faithfully, but I'm still waking up 5-7 times over the course of the evening. I usually wear the machine between 9-11 hrs. Any thoughts as to why I might be waking??? Thanks to any who respond. I'm using Lincare, Inc. , a national company.

pr

Phil,

I had the same problem with mine. I followed up with the provider and they said it tends to happen when people are switched to the higher BIPAP pressures, but sometimes clear up after a couple of weeks. They also gave me a silicone strip to put across my nose. The mask was rubbing the bridge of my nose raw, making it more uncomfortable than it is normally.