VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Copy Of C&p Exam

Rate this question

jdman

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I got mine by going to the Release Of Information office at my VAMC.

You go in, sign a release form & they print out the info for you.

You may want to call first. I have heard some VAMC's differ

on policy of releasing certain C&P's.

Good Luck,

Bob K

I got mine by going to the Release Of Information office at my VAMC.

You go in, sign a release form & they print out the info for you.

You may want to call first. I have heard some VAMC's differ

on policy of releasing certain C&P's.

Good Luck,

Bob K

my local clinic will release only after adjudication.

Hello Ice and Painter,

First let me say there are 2 different types of C and P exams. One is done thru the VAMC and the Veterans reports will be part of the Veterans Health Administration. And, as you pointed out Painter, you can just go into the Release of Information , sign your release form and get a copy of the C and P exams fairly quickly.

However if the C and P exams are part of QTC , then you have another problem. The reports are property of the Regional Office and not the VAMC . You will not be able to get those reports until you file a request thru Freedom of Information Act. You will be in for a long wait period in most cases because you will be dealing with the Regional Office. They will treat it almost like a claim. This opens up much problems as I expounded on the this type of problem in another Thread titled ......38 CFR Procedural Rights and Appealant Process , See part D in blue on Nov 5, 2012.

I have been awarded my claim on some issues after a QTC exam. I have request the QTC report from ONE YEAR ago. I have still not received any QTC examination reports and numerous phone calls from my lawyer and from myself have been to no avail. Even with FOIAs filed. I know that each Regional Office is different and sometimes you may get them alittle sooner but as you read my thread in the topic that I have posted above, you can see that the DUE PROCESS laws become in violation . How can a Veteran file an NOD or Appeal if he or she has no C and P exam Report to discuss the basis of the Notice of Disagreement or an Appeal? So the Veterans one year timeline can be jeopardized then the SSOC is without any information concerning this. This is CRIMINAL and must be eventually brought to the attention of the Inspector General and members of the Congressional House and Senate Veterans Affairs Committees. Its a real mess and leaves the Veteran in the cold.

I hope that you will not have to deal with this problem but I am afraid you will be in some dark waters.

This will cause the Veteran to be forced into a long wait and he or she must adopt the attitude of .....NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate