VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Advice On Smc

Rate this topic

I was awarded 70% PTSD, IU, then 50% for Chronic Sinusitis, 50% for migraines, 10% for HBP in 2007. Would these ratings qualify for SMC or must the award be 60% beyond the 100% with IU? Thank you.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree w/bronco, however I would send the VA a letter stating that they made an error and that you should have been included in the recent review of claims for TDIU w/SMC, where the VA had to review all those claims. Can't remember the name, right now. Sorry! I believe they may owe you back to '07. jmo

pr

• 1 year later...

All, was awarded SMC with a backdate to the Bradley v. Peake decision in 2008. Retro dropped in bank this week. In addition was awarded SSA. Trying to navigate the SSA now as they tell me that I need to get info in about children and spouse so that I can get larger amount. Thanks for everyones assistance.

If VA had a hit squad, BroncoVet and PR would be toast by now. We must cost them a lot of time and money with our shenanigans. Congrats CID. Glad to see it was accomplished in this lifetime.

yes, this information age debacle sure has to be causing plenty of heartburn in the head shed. its amazing how the passing on of a snippet of information, can have so much affect on a persons life.