VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Anyone Having Trouble Getting Meds That They Have Been On For A While?

Rate this topic

I am completely confused and think that there may be changes in the way the pharmacy is trying to save money, I have been on hormone therapy for 5 yrs now and at my last visit my Dr. renewed my meds, one week later I get a letter stating that the pharmacy has refused to fill this request and want additional information. Great!!! my Next appt in March and I only get a month at a time for my testosterone, WTF is going on?

W

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

It happens sometimes the pharmacy overrides the Doc. Only place I know that this happens. They will also substitute for cheaper meds at drop of hat. That said there are some arguments about hormone replacement therapy. If it is not to unconvienent and to avoid some hassle if you can call and talk to someone in pharmacy that can explain why and what you can do to get what Doc wants.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA pharmacy has overriden my old pain doctor on occasion. Some drugs must be prescribed in a certain way for VA. My doctor was more concerned to treat me so he did not last long. I would email my doctor or call pharmacy and they can get it straight. What is really going on is pharmacy is trying to CYA. My psychiatrist, pain doctor and pharmacy got into pissing contest because of clonazepam in combination with oxycodone and fentynal. I had to go to medical director's office. They are worried you will be injured or die from a prescription and they will be blamed.

John

• 2 weeks later...