VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fast Bva Action?

Rate this question

relpats

Question

Read a lot on some of the VA sites and BVA stuff seems to go real slow. Dosen't this seem really fast to go from SOC, VA From 9 to BVA & back or am I missing something??

Caption says they mailed me and my VSO the decision, but I have not received anything...

Excerpts from Ebenifits:

• Power of Attorney: D - DAV
  • Current Progress: Decision & Claims File Dispatch
  • Current Progress Description: Your case has been received at BVA, and BVA has mailed your decision to you (and your representative, if any) and will be returning your claims file to the VA Medical Center. Please note that transit times vary, and there may be some lag time between when BVA forwards your claims file to its appropriate location and when that location receives it.

Date of Progress Progress Progress Office

2/15/2011 Local VA Office Decision RO

4/22/2011 NOD RO

4/29/2011 Appeal Pending BVA

9/14/2012 SOC RO

12/01/2012 Decision & Claims File Dispatch BVA

Edited by relpats

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Read a lot on some of the VA sites and BVA stuff seems to go real slow. Dosen't this seem really fast to go from SOC, VA From 9 to BVA & back or am I missing something??

Caption says they mailed me and my VSO the decision, but I have not received anything...

Excerpts from Ebenifits:

• Power of Attorney: D - DAV
  • Current Progress: Decision & Claims File Dispatch
  • Current Progress Description: Your case has been received at BVA, and BVA has mailed your decision to you (and your representative, if any) and will be returning your claims file to the VA Medical Center. Please note that transit times vary, and there may be some lag time between when BVA forwards your claims file to its appropriate location and when that location receives it.

Date of Progress Progress Progress Office

4/22/2011 NOD RO

9/14/2012 SOC RO

Yes, in my opinion - it is way too fast and not possible, that is unless there were no

appellants in line in front of you

OR

your claim was expedited for some reason

with no other expedited claims in line, in front of you.

Heck - most of the appellants can only dream of a timeline like this one.

Normal is 3 - 5 years, from what I've seen.

4/22/2011 NOD RO

9/14/2012 SOC RO

I am guessing but I think (emphasis on think) the RO may have decided in your favor. If that were the case you would show a BVA decision since an appeal existed and has to be closed. That happened to me in the end. I could be wrong. Again, check Letter Generator and see if there are any changes

Actually this doesn't look good.

Nowhere do I see a form 9 listed in this correspondence listing. The December decision looks suspiciously like appeal closed due to no form 9. This is the exact wording they used on an appeal I dropped after the SOC was issued (with partial award).

Do you have a return receipt from the mailing of the form 9, that proves they signed for it?

Best regards,

Edited by 71M10

He references the VA form 9, but the "date of progress - progress office" listing of documents and actions(that I assume he has pulled from the EBenefits website) does not list it.

That is why I asked if he had the proof of Mailing/signed receipt for delivery.

It sure doesn't look like they have acknowledged the receipt of the Form 9 in that transaction log.

Best regards,