VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc

Rate this topic

New to the board....Need to know if I meet requirements for SMC S? Im 100% TDIU permanant and tota sine 2004l...other ratings Hysterectomy 30

Endometriosis 50

PTSD 70

If so, what are my next steps. If not, thanks very much.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New to the board....Need to know if I meet requirements for SMC S? Im 100% TDIU permanant and tota sine 2004l...other ratings Hysterectomy 30

Endometriosis 50

PTSD 70

Endometriosis 50

PTSD 70

Do your docs state in writing that you are housebound or in need of

A&A due solely to your SC'd disabilities ?

• HadIt.com Elder

Endometriosis 50

PTSD 70

If your PTSD, solely, makes you TDIU, then I would say "yes." If not, then "no." jmo

pr

Based on what you posted, yes. To start off, send it a 21-4138 to your regional office, requesting SMC S, under Bradley Vs Peake

AND OR housebound in fact.

If you do not qualify under Bradley, you can still get "housebound in fact", but you would likely have to have a C and P exam, unless there is already evidence in your med records that you are housebound.

I suggest you also ask for retro to the date of your most recent ratings, since SMC S is automatically inferred if you meet Bradley Peake criteria, and, it would appear you do. You can read up on Bradley vs Peake, there is much on it. Without reviewing your medical records and c file, along with your decisions, however, we dont know for sure.

Thanks for your responses. My PTSD is why Im getting the TDIU. AT this time I have not been told that I am housebound by a doctor but my psych Dr. is recommending for the TeleMental Program?

I have done as suggested and requested my c-file. However, the benefits counselor said that I do not qualify because I have no LOSS of USE of legs, arms, etc....I didn't qant to question anymore since I didn't have a good understanding of Bradley Peake

Oh yeah I do get SMC K for loss of creative organs...ovary and uterus. Oh yeah, I was just inpatient again for PTSD....would trying to get it raised do anything to help?

• HadIt.com Elder

Mizz

Your benefits couselor is dead wrong. I think you qualify for HB by virtue of Bradley v Peake. I would file a claim for HB. I was TDIU for a couple of mental conditions. About 7 years later I got 60% for a heart condition. I was not automatically granted HB. Thanks to Teac, Phil, Pete, Carlie and others here I filed for HB and got 2 years retro. The VA called a CUE on themselves.