VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Frustrating

Rate this question

raidertone

Question

I can't understand why the information on ebenefits in reference to my claim/appeal is not updated periodically. It gets frustrating reading about how much information is available to others while mine sits dormant. The last entry was in April of 2008. VA just says they are backlogged and get many complaints in reference to that. Really? How can they go almost 5 years without updating it? LOL.. I can't help but laugh becausing getting mad doesn't help anymore. Sorry, rant over...smile.png

Tony

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

An important point needs to be made here. The Federal Government shouldn't be rebuilding NY and NJ. There is no Federal obligation to do this. The Federal Government has an obligation to Veterans and they arn't keeping it. NY and NJ have collected property taxes for decades, if it is important that these communities are rebuilt from public funds these are the funds that should be used.

Why should the rest of the country pay to rebuild multi-million dollar beach communities that at some point in the future will be wiped out by another storm (it is not a question of may it is only a question of when).

Some very good points 71M10, the tax payers are always picking up the tab for other, but us veterans was promise to take care of us if we served. Thanks for your servis

An important point needs to be made here. The Federal Government shouldn't be rebuilding NY and NJ. There is no Federal obligation to do this. The Federal Government has an obligation to Veterans and they arn't keeping it. NY and NJ have collected property taxes for decades, if it is important that these communities are rebuilt from public funds these are the funds that should be used.

Why should the rest of the country pay to rebuild multi-million dollar beach communities that at some point in the future will be wiped out by another storm (it is not a question of may it is only a question of when).

You are so right brother, isn't that the very excuse the state governments of those north eastern states give when folks complain that they tax too high? Don't they claim its for all the so called services they provide and higher quality of life etc..etc. so when it comes time to show some real proof of what all those exorbitant tax rates pay for, they go running to the federal communal slush fund. Somehow neither the governments nor the insurance agencies have Any available funds. It's a Ponzi scheme and we shouldn't let the greedy politicians that have been squandering the states resources pull the patriotism and neighborly spirit hood over the eyes of the rest of the nation. Approving their demands lets them get away with the money they've been stealing at the state level, as well as opening up the floodgates to new federal money to be stolen. And those poor citizens caught in the wake of the storm will be just as victimized as the vets are. No richer and no better off than before the so called help arrived.

I am new to the forum and I find it helpful to read the post on here. It tells me what to expect from the VA in terms of response to claims. I have a claim in for back pain that the VA Dr. and MRI determined to be hurniated disk and DDD. Its been 4 months since the C&P exam and I have not seen anything on the ebenfits page. However, after reading some of the post on here, I don't expect to see any information on the ebefits website.

I am s.c. for lumbar strain at 10% and my C&P was for an increase due to the condition becoming much worse. I was a builder in the USN SeaBees and was on active duty for 15 years. I hurt my back a few times while doing construciton work. I transfered to the reserves and I have a year to go to reach the 20 year mark. I may not make it to retirement bc of my back condition...I can no longer pass the PT test and I am not deployable, so I am looking at a Med board soon.

The VA waiting game is really the VA dying game. I suppose if Congress can allow victims of Sandy to wait for shelter over their heads in freezing weather they can wait for vets to get old and die waiting for decisions. The whole thing is a disgrace. Every time the Congress allows these things to happen their pay should be cut by 15%. If Congress wanted vets to have their claims adjudicated in a rational time frame it would happen. They don't care one bit and for that they should get the 15% self discount on their stinking pay. The VSO's should not get another nickle as long as they don't scream out against these delays. I am waiting 7 years on my CUE.

John, do you know VSO's that are getting paid? I've been working (volunteering) as a veteran service officer for a number of years. never been paid, nor do I want to get paid. I have been offered a total of 3 jobs with the VA, but humbly declined each offer. I really enjoy (as most vso's do) working with veterans and going that extra mile to do what ever is needed to help aid and assist another veteran! That's what keeps me going!

All of a sudden i got some good news today...letter generator says 40%.

Hey 9 years later they gave me 40% for starters...I'm not complaining or taking anything for granted...god bless

Tony

9 years? That's absurd, however, I'm happy that you have reached some type of reslove.