VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc Awards For Chronic Agent Orange Diseases

Rate this topic

i was wondering if smc has ever been awarded to a veteran that is not house bound yet, for an agent orange disease awarded at 100%, that has taken his/her quality of life away and his/her life expectancy is 5 years.

GOD BLESS

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, if you have DMII, for instance, and you lost limbs due to the disease you could get SMC's for that. There are ways to get SMC's for AO diseases but they are incidental to the disease not to being exposed to AO.

• 4 weeks later...
Which disease is it? There aren't many that can rack up a 100%er. IHD? Parkinsons?

not with Parkinson their added system is terrible, my husband is in a wheelchair, as 70 percent Parkinson but put him as 100 percent unemployable but he isn't granted any SMC, although he had 70 percent PTSD, and he's legally blind(not service connected) and stated as reciepent of aid and dependent and still don't get SMC

I got a decision like that on my deceased husband.(under 1151 years ago)

I asked the Nehmer AO people to resolve that issue by granting a CUE claim I had pending (for 8 years)

Husband 100% P & T SC PTSD, 80 % 1151 SC (which I have challenged-it should be 100% or TDIU ) , AO DMII and AO IHD.

He was posthumously awarded SMC as Housebound this past January. What I don't understand here is this

"stated as reciepent of aid and dependent and still don't get SMC"

Does his comp amount include Aid and Attendance amount and award?

That would be considered SMC. They dont award A & A and HB at same time but other SMC awards are building blocks.

Not enough info here yet on your question

We have plenty of info here on SMC.and there are some radios shows we did too at SVR on SMC