VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Completed Sat 12/15/13

Rate this question

yogi995

Question

My Claim completed Sat 12/15/12, This is the following MONDAY & no change in my AB8 letter. I also checked benefits explorer & payments & my bank----NOTHING CHANGED. I've been at 40% SC for a while, How long does it take for the Houston RO to update the AB8 letter?. I'm thinking I was denied. Guess all I can do now is wait for the envelope & appeal if denied. Anybody got any other idea whats going on? I know Ebenefits is not that reliable at times.

Tuesday 12/18/12 Just talked to my SO. He called & was told I was denied on hearing loss & that the others (anxiety depression IU ) was pending. Then why did they complete the claim???

Edited by yogi995

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I don't know if anyone can tell you for sure, but maybe those serviced by that VARO can answer. Also, you might check:

for info.

Got the envelope today Denied everythingmad.gif . I'm gona appeal. Called Peggy all she would say is that if I disagreed with the decision send a NOD. While I had her on the phone I ask for copies of my C&Ps, She said she would file a request I should get them in 4-6 weeks. Does it take an appeal as long as a claim??

Got the envelope today Denied everythingmad.gif . I'm gona appeal. Called Peggy all she would say is that if I disagreed with the decision send a NOD. While I had her on the phone I ask for copies of my C&Ps, She said she would file a request I should get them in 4-6 weeks. Does it take an appeal as long as a claim??

errr.....I haven't done it yet, but from what I hear, it might take longer.....anyone?

• HadIt.com Elder

It can take much longer. My claim has been on appeal since 2006 and has made it up the chain all the way and remanded and back again in the last three years. I have at least a year to go for a decision and then who knows?

errr.....I haven't done it yet, but from what I hear, it might take longer.....anyone?

Depends on the RO more than anything.. Houston is taking two plus years on mine and it is still at the RO....