VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Completed Sat 12/15/12

Rate this question

yogi995

Question

My Claim completed Sat 12/15/12, This is the following MONDAY & no change in my AB8 letter. I also checked benefits explorer & payments & my bank----NOTHING CHANGED. I've been at 40% SC for a while, How long does it take for the Houston RO to update the AB8 letter?. I'm thinking I was denied. Guess all I can do now is wait for the envelope & appeal if denied. Anybody got any other idea whats going on? I know Ebenefitsis not that reliable at times.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Mine says my claim was completed on 09/29/2012.....of course, it hasn't in reality, and I'm still waiting in Gathering Evidence stage. When I call my AL representative at the Houston VARO, he says I'm still in Gathering Evidence, but sent to Special Ops (For multiple and complex claims).

I've done two C&P's, both back in June, and waiting for 2.5 years on my initial claim.

The Houston VARO has become a beast of its own, and really only does what it wants when it wants. Carlie's right, none of us will know for sure until we get something in the mail.....or something in the bank.

I still check eBenefits from time to time, and try to call and check in once a month just to see if somebody at least blew the dust off my file. IRIS hasn't been a help, unless you like getting a generic canned reply.

I wish you good luck, and hope that you claim is successful with a satisfactory rating and/or increase.

Thanks for your service.

Mark

I was denied on everything. Called Peggy. all she would say is if I don't agree send the NOD. Not a wasted call . I Requested a copy of my C&Ps. Supposed to get them in 4-6 weeks. I'm gona appeal. I looked at the evidence they used to decide my claim & The VETERANS EVALUATION SERVICES exams aren't listed & I have a copy of them.(2 exams one in Lufkin & one in Beaumont0 The exam in Beaumont has PTSD Checked & says I'm taking meds for it, I lucked out getting a copy of those exams. I ask VETERANS EVALUATION SERVICES to send me a copy when I had the exams, They said i'd have to ask the Houston RO. The RO said I'd have to wait Till the claim was finished. I mentioned that to one of my VA DRs. The DR pulled it up on the computer & made me a copy.. I scanned them into my Desktop , Laptop & my external hard drive. Don't wanta loose them.

I was denied on everything. Called Peggy. all she would say is if I don't agree send the NOD. Not a wasted call . I Requested a copy of my C&Ps. Supposed to get them in 4-6 weeks. I'm gona appeal. I looked at the evidence they used to decide my claim & The VETERANS EVALUATION SERVICES exams aren't listed & I have a copy of them.(2 exams one in Lufkin & one in Beaumont0 The exam in Beaumont has PTSD Checked & says I'm taking meds for it, I lucked out getting a copy of those exams. I ask VETERANS EVALUATION SERVICES to send me a copy when I had the exams, They said i'd have to ask the Houston RO. The RO said I'd have to wait Till the claim was finished. I mentioned that to one of my VA DRs. The DR pulled it up on the computer & made me a copy.. I scanned them into my Desktop , Laptop & my external hard drive. Don't wanta loose them.

Yogi, sorry to hear about the disruption and delay. I was also sent to Veterans Evaluation Services contractors for my two C&P's. It amazes me that the VA would pay a contractor to perform examinations and testing, and then disregard their diagnosis and opinions.

I wonder why they failed to take these reports into consideration?

Mark

I'm thinking they didn't even look at the VES exams..I never got travel pay for them, I couldn't find it on the claim where they listed the evidence they used to make the decision. I'm considering sending a copy of the exams with parts hi lighted with my appeal. It's just that I don't know if I'm supposed to have it.. Don't want to get the DR in trouble.

Edited by yogi995

Now when I try to log in to ebenefits I put my user name & password in & click login after a while I get this;

Authentication Failed

SELECTED APPLICATION IS UNDER MAINTENANCE

The application you selected is currently unavailable because it is undergoing maintenance. The maintenance should be completed shortly. Please wait some time and then click here to try again.

SELECTED APPLICATION