VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Difference Between Dro And Raters

Rate this question

SolInvictus

Question

Seasons greetings folks, just have a quick question I need answered to help me tolerate the insane length of time the RO takes to complete the decision phase in a denovo review case. Question; is the DRO pretty much the same person who rates a denovo appeal case or does he or she simply decide on the validity of the vets NOD and then passes the claim on to a different entity to rate and grant percentages? In other words is the DRO decision the final hurdle before notification or do the raters have the final word? As always all thoughtful inputs will be most appreciated.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Brother Deanbrt is right, you may have to go with your heart.

This entire process is almost impossible for someone who is well versed in it and can be a nightmare for a newcomer.

Do you have anyone that can look at your claim and information?

J

Ijust had DRO review on 12/10. I wouldn't want to play poker with her. It either took 6 months or 9 months for the appointment. My RO was out of Sioux Falls but DRO was at Muskogee, Ok. She only made 1 remark about the case and it was positive but I want to see it in written form before I get my hopes up. Okla VETS representative found in records that my advancing age was a determent the first time, but with advancing age I opted for the DRO. So hopefully it will be a shorter route than direct to BVA. Just my opinion. Don

Be ye also patient, stablish your hearts: for the coming of the LORD draweth nigh. James 5:8

Brother Deanbrt is right, you may have to go with your heart.

This entire process is almost impossible for someone who is well versed in it and can be a nightmare for a newcomer.

Do you have anyone that can look at your claim and information?

J

The vfw have helped me so far. I used a congressional inquiry but all that did was create noise and on the plus side let me know the real status as well as put me in touch with the DRO. Due to all that plus the great wealth of info on hadit, I believe I have the situation in hand and can see that time is all that remains to be endured. I was hoping after meeting the DRO that all would be complete before Christmas, I can see now that it might take a while longer because the document you just sent me shows just how complex the process is even after the DRO agrees to grant the appeal. Thanks for that J because I can finally help my wife understand why we must remain patient.

jbasser You're right. What doesn't make it any easier, is when your VSO doesn't understand what the VA did wrong when they denied my claim 41 years ago. I feel I might have to do this part on my own. Of course, I'm a student of this site. I just have to put it together right before I submit my case. The input on this site is invaluable.