VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu C & P Exam

Rate this question

Aristotle

Question

I got a copy of my IU C & P Exam today and the Examineer stated that, Veterans will be unable to function in occupational environment due to his SC, thoracolumbar spine (back). Veterans can't sit down for more than 10 - 15 minutes, can't bend more than 15 degrees and must ambulate with a cane due to pain on the right leg and poor balance. Does it means I am not capable to secure any employment?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I got a copy of my IU C & P Exam today and the Examineer stated that, Veterans will be unable to function in occupational environment due to his SC, thoracolumbar spine (back). Veterans can't sit down for more than 10 - 15 minutes, can't bend more than 15 degrees and must ambulate with a cane due to pain on the right leg and poor balance. Does it means I am not capable to secure any employment?

Sounds promising to me but it'll be up to the rater. There's enough there to say you're TDIU. jmo

pr

Thank you for the input Philip Rogers.

Hopefully I will have a good rating for my Lumbar Spine, result of the C & P exam is my forward fllexion is 15 degrees with moderate radiculopathy on my right leg. Together with my rating on depression hopefully I can meet the required rating to be considered for IU.

I just got a medical opinion fom the Neusurgeon who is treating my SC and states:

Mr................. Is making slow progress after surgery and will have limits on sitting, standing, bending, stooping with no kneeling, crawling or clmbing to be undertakken. Lifting is also limited. He will have limits for an extended period of time and in all probability be off work for one year from the present.

Will this support the statement of the IU C & P Examineer noted on her report?

Thanks carlie, I think I don't have to submit this to support my claim for IU. I'll just hope that the report of the IU C&P Examineer will be good enough that states: The veteran will be unable to function in an occupational environment with his SC.

Did you just have surgery on your back? If so, I believe that the va will pay you the special monthly compensation for convlesencing of 100% for one year, then bring you back in for a re-evaluation. if you did not have surgery you still have the following;

Is the neurosurgeon a va doctor? If so, his reports will get back to the va and be part of your c-file. If he is an outside doctor and you were sent to him by a va doc, the va will still receive a response from the doctor that evaluated you. I can tell you by experience that if a doctor states that you can go back to work in a year, no TDIU is in store...

Good luck.