VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits: "appeal Is Possible"?

Rate this question

LILS

Question

Does anyone know what "Appeal is Possible" means, besides the fact that they're saying an appeal is possible? Lol. This is from eBenefits. I keep seeing this message, but the dates keep getting pushed back, so my letters have not arrived, so I keep waiting. "Decision Notification Sent" has said that for a a couple of months. I'm just curious if this means my NOD is going to a BVA now? When I click on View Board of Veteran's Appeals status, it just shows what it always had, that it was "current" and still at the local VA office. The 2 dates on 9/12/12 are for an NOD & Dependency claim. The other date 9/1/11 was when I retired & they deferred a B/P claim on my initial claim letter. Isn't an appeal always possible before it goes to the BVA? Mine is/was just in the NOD phase currently. Thanks for any help!

Compensation and Pension Claim Status Open Claims

Open Claims information is not available at this time.

Historical Claims

Please be advised that Historical Claims will show claims that were closed on or after January 1, 2008. If you have a question concerning a claim that was closed prior to this date, please contact our toll free number at 1-800-827-1000.

Date/Type of Claim Date Closed Updates Action

09/12/2012

Administrative Review

12/28/2012 Appeal is Possible

Decision Notification Sent

View Board of Veterans’ Appeals Status

09/12/2012

Dependency

12/27/2012 Appeal is Possible

09/01/2011

Compensation

12/27/2012 Appeal is Possible

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

An appeal is always "possible" for awards as well as denials.

Hard to read anything more into that VA statement in your e benefits account.

A pure "remand" is not appealable until it goes through the system, that is, it is "remanded" to the lower agency and that agency makes a decision.

If your decision is partially denied, partially remanded, you can still appeal the denied issues.

A remand is not appealable as it is not final, and you have to have a decision to appeal.

Seems like they are stating an appeal is possible, due to the fact of the decision that is to be made...however as we know an appeal is always possible but granting is another decision,

and you can appeal that decision with a NOD and state what you want...but you may never get what you want but do not give up...keep trying!!