VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Financial Hardship

Rate this question

desperatelyseekingsusan

Question

I am writing on behalf of my uncle. In the past year he lost everything. He is now on a very tiny SS income. He is in the process of claim for SC disability. Is form 5655 Financial Status Report the correct form for getting his prescription co-pays waived? Also, will this help for getting transportation costs reimbursed? To whom should he file this form? He is living day by day on the grace of friends.

Thank you.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I worked in the business office doing means test for almost four years. Our supervisor and admin were int the business office. This was in Indiana. Didn't know the name changed sorry about the confusion.

Edited by T8r

I worked in the business office doing means test for almost four years. Our supervisor and admin were int the business office. This was in Indiana. Didn't know the name changed sorry about the confusion.
Eligibility has has nothing to do with the Patient Account Center. That stopped almost 3 years ago. Indy and Marion are some of the more stations The facility revenue staff is part of the Patient Acct Center. Elig is a hospital function. The CPAC works admin for 19 VA's in the Midwest

That would explain it. I worked from 03 to 0late 06. The link with the brochure that i put up still looks correct. If it is from the va site that isn't too spotty.

Just out of curiosity, Is HEC still involved in any of this?

This is my job at the VA, all answers given you are partially correct

Broncovet, hardships apply only to medical visits, you are correct about a mt. If the SS is less than $12256 and he is single, then a copay test is appropriate. $16xxx I forget the exact for spouse and each dependent, is the copay limit for married. If a sc vet, that income must be declared. Over 50% does not pay copays as it was said earlier. If you miss a year you become required to pay all medical and prescriptions as missing shows you decline to give income data. You can ask for a back date to last exemption if you have extenuating circumstances to miss mt date for 6 months only

If sc, everyone should call the HRC at the 866 # listed under your name on the statement and ask for a sc audit back to your combined or rating date

The 5655 has to be completely filled out and each expense must be clearly broken out. Lumping together expenses will earn a denial for reporting inconsistencies. A detailed 4138 listing and explaining your hardship should accompany the 5655 or it will be return denied as incomplete, we in the Ohio or VIsn 10 admin team will except a letter on a piece of paper

All income, including retirement, 401k, annuity, cash in bank and al assets except your home and contents must be listed. A new car will show ability to pay copayment. Paying credit cards and store cards also show ability to pay. If there are outside medical bills, they also should be add to copay or MT, and the out of pocket will reduce income but the VA has a right to be paid as well.

Waivers are not a right, so don't expect an automatic approval. More than one waiver, changes the the copay threshold for each vet.

IMPORTANT......waivers only cover 180 days from signature date. All other debt must be cleared on a RPP. Anything less than $50 or more than one year requires special terms and they can only be extended to 36 months

You are the recipient of my last post on this board because my post for help got over 120 views and one answer, you post and have several responses the same day

someone's ego get popped? this is exactly correct when veterans talk about the employees at VA. Thank you for making it moonshine clear!!!