VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted Sc For Tbi, But Nonsc 0% For Epilepsy, That Va Doctors Diagnosed As Resulting From Tbi

Rate this question

PfcBrink65th

Question

When my claim was referred by my VA doctors and advocates to the Compensation and pension board, the ratings officers have either denied, dismissed, or stalled the doctors claims and test results without even reviewing the records or test results provided by the VA hospital. I am a medically retired veteran who was awarded and diagnosed with a Traumatic Brain Injury resulting in permanent epilepsy and organic severe mood disorder. These Diagnosed conditions were formally made and entered into my permanent records, by 2 VA neurologist, several VA psychologists, and my VA primary care physician. I have since been prescribed a number of several seizure medications and mood stabilizers. I have also experienced seizures on the EEG machine recorded and witnessed on the machine and by staff. I have also spent weeks in a VA psych ward before being diagnosed with Post traumatic Seizure disorder not to be confused with PTSD. Post traumatic SEIZURE disorder is a form of epilepsy only caused by Brain injuries, that also causes severe mood disorders. The VA actually reported my condition to the department of motor vehicles, resulting in the revocation of my driving privileges. However when my claim and records were sent to the review board for Compensation and Pension, It was entered that my records were not available for review, but that yes i have a service connected Traumatic Brain Injury, and was granted a 20% ($251.00 dollars a month) but that my epilepsy and mood disorder couldn't be connected to my TBI because my "Traumatic" Brain Injury that resulted in my official medical military retirement was only a Mild TBI. Somehow this was obvious without even looking in my records because they were not available. This is the exact wording of the entry into my records which they now claim to have found and givin me a copy of containing all this information, but i am required to file an appeal that they say will take 3-4 years. At this time my case has been in review and in process for over two years, In that time they have made and retracted 2 decisions. Once I filed the apeall my appointments and medication has been discontinued by VAMC and I have been told to withdrawl and file a new claim.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Militarynurse: Yes it is possible I receive 100% service connected seizure disorder diagnostic code no.8910 since 1975.

And 70% Ser.Connected TBI since 2009 it is noted in my recent medical records that my seizure disorder is secondary to my traumatic brain injury, in the 70's era TBI was not being use just a head injury So i believe it is possible...