VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cue Submitted For Clerical Error?

Rate this question

APCampbell

Question

Guys, I received my determination letter and discovered that on the summary page, my lumbar artitis was rated at 0%. But in the Reason section of the letter, it clearly awarded me 10% for my arthritis. This may change my overall rating, but having a clerical error go to a judge 4-5 years down the road is a bit rediculous. Should I have done something different?

Edited by APCampbell

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
Guy, I received my determinations and discovered that on the summary page, my lumbar artitis was rated at 0%. But in the Reason section of the letter, it clearly awarded me 10% for my arthritis. This may change my overall rating, but having a clerical error go to a judge 4-5 years down the road is a bit rediculous. Should I have done something different?

If it's just a simple error like that, you can write a letter stating what the error is to the Veterans Service Center Manager and they can correct it, usually within 30 days. Be sure to list the "reply to number/initials" in your letter.

pr

Philip is right.... as long as the award letter fully confirms the increase under Reasons and Basis and that you expect some retro.

This should not be a big deal to VA. They often make many more horrendous errors then that one.

Did the same thing to me in December. The DAV rep who was helping me walked my paperwork through and my thyroid condition went from 10%-100% and I had payment in a couple weeks. Sorry that you're having to deal with the CUE on top of this "normally" frustrating process. Good luck to you.