VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Who To Contact If Medical And Psychiatric Care Has Been Stopped Pending Claim Processed

Rate this question

PfcBrink65th

Question

Many people will say this isn't possible, but I can honestly say yes due to the fact I had to move to anouther state and my records are still in possesion of the state processing my claim, even after enrolling in the new states VAMC system. I have been prescribed dilantin and depakote for seizures and resulting mood disorders for 8 years since diagnosis on EEG.I have a SC TBI awarded, and have severe epilepsy and psychiatric disorder diagnosed as a result by the VA. My claim is still being processed (3yrs so far) to have the Epilepsy added. The neurologist at the VAMC have diagnosed the seizures as a result after abnormal MRI. The VARO has ruled the Psychiatric disorder as secondary to epilepsy but ruled the epilepsy was not a result of the SC TBI I was retired for. The VA has reported me to DMV and I have lost driving privledges, after multiple injuries,concussions and requiring stitches from seizures. I appealed through DAV but they aren't effective. Contacted Congressmen and sent copy of records all they did was send letter of inquirery. Hired an attorney but since she gets paid on % of back pay she is content to drag it out as long as possible. I'm not worried so much about the claim anymore I just want Medication and therapy recontinued for now. Is their someone else I can contact? OIG? will the OIG even help or do they even bother, patient advocates have said the New VAMC here needs records to prescibe meds and appts. Had to relocate because severe financial loss due to loss of driving privledges and my new state VARO sent c-file back to prior state until it has been processed, and said they don't want to process here as I will recieve 3-4 yrs back pay, new VAMC has enrolled me but denied medication until my records are sent back, its been 11 months with no seizure meds and enrollment in tricare is waiting to recieve C-file. I also filed for general unemployability but VA says they aren't going to process that until my appeal is processed. I called the prior state of residence and told them I am not recieving meds because my new state is waiting for them to process and resend my C-file. They told me to withdrawl my original 3-4 yr old claim and file new one in SC and they will send records and my care resumed. Attorney says that will forfiet back pay. How do I get treatment resumed and who do I contact?Who do you contact if you have a SC TBI awarded, and have severe epilepsy and your claim is still being processed (3yrs so far) to speed up getting the Epilepsy added. The neurologist at the VAMC have diagnosed the seizures as a result after abnormal MRI. The VA has reported me to DMV and I have lost driving privledges, appealed through DAV but they aren't effective. Contacted Congressmen and sent copy of records all they did was send letter of inquirery. Hired an attorney but since she gets paid on % of back pay she is content to drag it out as long as possible. Is their someone else? OIG? will the OIG even help or do they even bother. Had to relocate because severe financial loss due to loss of driving privledges and my new state VARO sent c-file back to prior state until it has been processed, and said they don't want to process here as I will recieve 3-4 yrs back pay, new VAMC has enrolled me but denied medication until my records are sent back, its been 11 months with no seizure meds and enrollment in tricare is waiting to recieve C-file. I also filed for general unemployability but VA says they aren't going to process that until my appeal is processed. I called the prior state of residence and told them I am not recieving meds because my new state is waiting for them to process and resend my C-file. They told me to withdrawl my original 3-4 yr old claim and file new one in SC and they will send records and my care resumed. Attorney says that will forfiet back pay. How do I get treatment resumed and who do I contact?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Your c-file and medical records have nothing to do w/each other. You need to transfer your medrecs to your new state. It should have no bearing on your claim.

pr

did that all ready in april, med records were sent back to New Mexico VARO, South Carolina does not want to take over my care or claim until it has been resolved. I asked the same question and said the same thing you did. I was told to withdrawl my claim in NM and file new claim in SC and records and C-file will be sent.