VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Sons Depression An Ao

Rate this question

joluby

Question

I would like to know if anyone knows of information linking my AO exposure and my 32 year old sons bouts with depression. I am service connected with IHD due to AO and would like to know if there may be a link here and if any assistance for him could be available.

Thanks for your help

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

There's another, bigger problem. Your son is no longer a dependent at 32 years old. Unless you could connect the dots before he reached the age of majority as to some medical linkage, it's dead in the water. I see nothing in the CFRs (3.814 or 3.815) on that re birth defects and SC. Mr. John999's medical suggestion is good advice but no doctor is ever going out on that limb. SSDI may be an option because VA is not even going to entertain this. The denial will read "IHD does not cause depression in dependents 32 years after birth and it's not on the list of 3.309(e) presumptives or birth defects.

Its not the IHD I was tring to associate with his depression but the Agent Orange and if there may have been a link with his issue. It seems we just keep finding more problems that leads us back to AO and who knows what our kids may have to deal with as they get older. Its like a ticking time bomb that just keeps on giving.

Thanks for your feedback everyone

Hello Joluby,,,,, I would like for you to see this website and what is trying to start for our children.

http://agentorangelegacy.com/reported-illnesses/#

Does Agent Orange affect our children??? There is so much medical information now available that it would be foolish to say there is none. The problem is that the Chemical Companies ,,,,Dow and Monsanto cannot let this one get loose too. It has already been proven in the scientific arena but the lose of so much to their coffures is at stake. After maybe another 20-30 years and everyone is dead that could be linked to Agent Orange then the truth will come out.

You are not alone as my ex and I had 6 miscarriages because of it . My son is battling severe lung issues also and he stopped breathing in the delivery room. All that did was not allow me to have any insurance for 5 years and praying alot for him to stay well. He turns 16 soon and I am thankful for that but he is sick all the time with respiratory issues.

The VA only recognizes ,, Spinalbifada at present in our children. That should alert all AO veterans to their childrens other mysterious diseases they do not want to discuss.

Asknod pretty much summed it up for now. The VA and any connection with DNA and our childrens diseases are pretty much over with for a while. Even though new medical evidence says there is a link ,,,,its a long ways coming.

Congress had their first hearings on the children of Agent Orange Veterans and the DNA chromosome links , I think about 1 1/2 years or so ago and pufffffff that was the last effort I have seen. I hope this website will let you see that we are not alone and give you some insight. As always a Veteran must NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate