VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Non-Combat Ptsd Mdd Psychotic Features Greenramp

Rate this question

82airborne

Question

Glad to read you had a good day.

It isn't really a fair chance for the meds to just try them for such a short period of time

because most of them take several weeks and a couple of dosage adjustments to

reach true therapeutic levels.

Most mental health drugs dry out your mouth kind of like most drugs for pain

may cause constipation.They have night time wetting solutions to help with dry mouth.

I have this same problem.

Also, when people post in UPPER CASE CAPITOL LETTERS - it screaming in computer

(cyber) language.

Ok I wasn't meaning to yell. I will ask my doctor abOut a mouth wetner. I'm just scared of having bad side effects. My ears use to ring on and off. I took gabapentin and naproxen now I have tinnitus permanent ear ringing as a side effect so I'm cautious when it comes to these sie affect I'm expericing a bad head ach right now. I'm unsure if ts the medicine but I'm going to keep taking the Wellbutrin. Thanx for the advice.

You do have some side affects that might be basis for more claims......such as the tinnitus from the meds...........

Your posts here have deeply touched me and it was hard for me to respond.

I know the numbness personally as a civilian, long story there ,and I saw this in so many veterans......it is a crippling response to trauma.

You said"MY LIFE HAS BEEN ONE BIG BROKE FAILURE."

NO.NO NO NO NO Not at all......... I think you have affected many of our guest readers (the lurkers) as well as many of us here...........

Thanks for being so honest and vocal ...............I tried to describe hadit site the other day to a friend....

All I could say was 'we are all here performing acts of love'...............in order to help vets get the benefits they earned by their sacrifice.

I will re read all of your posts.........I am so glad your claim is Priority ......

You came to the best place in town.................... So many know how you feel but dont always articulate that as well as you did.

You have so much VALUE here.

Before I forget

http://www.82ndairborneassociation.org/

http://www.bragg.army.mil/82nd/Pages/default.aspx

http://triggertimeforum.yuku.com/topic/8461/82nd-Airborne-forum#.UQAX7Wd199M

Lots of unit stuff on line too---dont know if this was best forum link....there are more.

It often pays to keep in contact with military units.

Thanx for all the info. I felt the love. Thanx Thanx Thanx for your response. Your words have made me feel better. :^}. I got a claim in for tinnitus. I had a c&p for it already. I'm finish with all my exams. I went to all the hospitals the va didnt get my records for to speed up the process. And Thanx again for the ove

You can request copies of the C & Ps .

If a VAMC did the C & P, then the Freedom of Info office or Records Access Office at that VAMC will honor a written request from you under the Privacy Act 5,USC 552, or, they will have a form you could use for a copy of the results.(put your C file number on the letter or form)

If these were QTC C & P s, the fee agreement VA has with QTC says the Regional Office owns the results of the QTC exam until the claim is decided.

Either way. The exams are over and that is always a good thing.Maybe best just to wait for their decision...

I liked the way you put this:

"Thanks I will. It feels good just to vent. Say the things I can't tell regular people"

I was a vet center volunteer years ago in the PTSD combat group (all Vietnam vets) ( as ASKNOD mentions in his book) the VA finally 'invented' PTSD (yeah right VA-it is as old as time ) .

The "world' (Nam talk for the US of A) had gone crazy when they were in Vietnam.

They said things like that all the time. Civilians didn't have a clue. Not even their closest family members.My husband's father said he could not talk about Vietnam in their home and he had to burn his stuff from Nam.(stuff he might have needed for his claim) I went to see my family in Boston, my cousin was Lt. ,USMC ,GSW,PH, med discharge and my uncle prohibited me from talking to him about Nam. (but my cousin couldn't wait to talk to me about it and we did anyhow).

He was in a VAMC for over a year due to the GSW. Thank God things have changed medically these days.

PTSD is the same whether combat or non combat related.No difference at all.

Edited by Berta