VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question For Rdawg Or Whomever Knows About Buddy Statements

Rate this question

SpcDearman

Question

Good morning,

I have been speaking with you guys upon my Nod and received some great information. I just wanted to see what a buddy statement would do for a nod. I just found my Sgt that was in charge of me on Facebook. This gentleman knew EVERY time that I went on sick call, the times that i complained and nothing was done, and also how quckly i was pushed out of the Army and not provided a proper exit exam. i was under his watch for 2 of my 3 year enlistment. In the event that the STR's some to close to the deadline and i am unable to get an IMO do you think that a nod with his statement would work?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

unfortunatley I don't think that will work. He can say he saw you in pain and anything else you want him to say. But unless he is a dr he cannot provide a nexus.

remember 3 thing needed for sc

1. a current condition -- you have

2. an event or injury in service -- you have

3. a nexus connecting 1 and 2 -- you don't have.

unless you fall under presumptive service connection then #3 must be an opinion from a medical dr. SInce you already have a negative opinion from the c&p examiner you will need a strong IMO to win your claim. It is not impossible and can be done.

good luck.

unfortunatley I don't think that will work. He can say he saw you in pain and anything else you want him to say. But unless he is a dr he cannot provide a nexus.

remember 3 thing needed for sc

1. a current condition -- you have

2. an event or injury in service -- you have

3. a nexus connecting 1 and 2 -- you don't have.

unless you fall under presumptive service connection then #3 must be an opinion from a medical dr. SInce you already have a negative opinion from the c&p examiner you will need a strong IMO to win your claim. It is not impossible and can be done.

good luck.

i actually just received a response from NPRC that they will communicate via email so maybe i will have these records for my doctor soon. I just am making sure that all of my ducks are in a row in the event that my 1 year appeal time gets close. It will be November 1st and I have heard horrible stories about people not having records to properly appeal.

I just found a doctor in Texas that specializes in Orthopedics. I am awaiting his response and a response to where my STR's are. I only have one problem. This doctor and my Ortho doctor at the VA have EXACTLY the same name. If it is the same gent then he probably wont give me an IMO.