VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Expense Report Aid And Attendance

manning01

My mother was approved for A&A around Oct 2012 at a rate of $988 per month first time filing for it and glad to see the EVR form is no longer required per the letter that came in the mail on Friday. But I have a question on the medical expense report. She is still at home, disabled and we are her care givers and they included that medical expense report in the letter but do we have to fill it out each year and list our care giver monthly amount, her Blue Cross and Prescription insurance payments and all her prescription co pays? Or do only fill it out if there is a change in caregiver amount, private insurnace monthly payments etc? I don't see much of a change on copays etc this last year to let the VA know and try to get more of a monthly payment. I just don't want to not submit this form and they stop her payments of A&A due to not submitting the medical expense report each year.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
My mother was approved for A&A around Oct 2012 at a rate of $988 per month first time filing for it and glad to see the EVR form is no longer required per the letter that came in the mail on Friday. But I have a question on the medical expense report. She is still at home, disabled and we are her care givers and they included that medical expense report in the letter but do we have to fill it out each year and list our care giver monthly amount, her Blue Cross and Prescription insurance payments and all her prescription co pays? Or do only fill it out if there is a change in caregiver amount, private insurnace monthly payments etc? I don't see much of a change on copays etc this last year to let the VA know and try to get more of a monthly payment. I just don't want to not submit this form and they stop her payments of A&A due to not submitting the medical expense report each year.

I suggest that you meet with a Veterans Service Office and ask them to help you with the form. The VA stops paying fairly abruptly if you don't return their forms. I would look for help as your response can some times affect payment on Pension or some types of A&A.

Good luck

I'll do that on Tuesday. I was hoping to know if I have to submit that medical expense form yearly expecially now that the EVR form is no longer being required to be asent in. There is nothing in the papers to say if we have to submit the medical expense form yearly or only when things change like care giver monthly payments go higher etc.. Thanks

there is also a program the VA has concerning caregivers. They now pay an additional amount for those that care for those receiving VA compensation. I would speak with your VSO concerning this as well.

As stated above, any time VA sends you paperwork, please respond, if not they will stop the compensation!

Then it goes through the whole process to get it started again.

there is also a program the VA has concerning caregivers. They now pay an additional amount for those that care for those receiving VA compensation. I would speak with your VSO concerning this as well.

As stated above, any time VA sends you paperwork, please respond, if not they will stop the compensation!

Thanks for the info I forgot about it. Question if I submit for this will it mess up my FDC that went in Dec 28th 2012??? I hate to submit anything to the VA while it's in review. Update on you asking me to keep you updated on my FDC with a DBQ etc I submitted it Dec 28th 2012 and it went to under review Jan 19th not bad for all the days off they had with the Holidays etc.

Edited by manning01

• 3 weeks later...

I'm filling out the 21P-8416 medical expenses and I have a question on the dates. Her A&A was approved April 1st 2012 which timeframe do I use? I was going to put April 1 2012 thu Dec 31 2012 (9 months). Or do I have to use April 2012 to May 30th 2013 i.e. has to be 12 months for the VA. Confused on that one seems it would be easy to use April thu Dec 2012 and next year I can use Jan-Dec 2013 etc.