VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Question....

Rate this question

joeyjoeyb

Question

A weird claim showed up in ebenefits yesterday. I have not been on that site in a while and under the C&P section it shows a claim opened on the 12th of nov 2012 and closed 2 days ago saying under type of claim, "Eligibility Determination"....what the heck is that?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

After doing research via the internet more then a few times in reference to "Eligibility Determination" Claim....only the VA knows. On my own account I saw this appear after VA received my paperwork claiming VFW as my representative. Others posted that they have seen this when VA was working with DFAS on concurrent receipt stuff (CRDP/CRCS) retro payments. Others have claimed that they saw this when VA found something in the vets records that triggered another claim = found a contention that the vet was eligible for, but did not claim himself/herself.

Calling "Peggy" did not help my research - Peggy was clueless (not surprised).

Do you have any unresolved dependant issues? I have an open Dependancy claim and they list the current C&P related to my DRO as documents received for it, they also list documents from 2006-2008, but they dont list anything from 2012 (the year I filed the request). They also list the C&P as an unsolicited document. My VARO has things so screwed up in eBenefits it is going to be real scary when they go totally paperless.

Just an Idea.

I acutally do have dependent issue still unresolved. I put in for my twins in May of 2011...claim awarded in Oct 2011...audit done with DFAS and sent back to VA Dec 2011...still no retro pay from May 2011-Oct 2011....Been waiting a long time for like 400 bucks!!