VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Info For 100% P&t And Tdiu Id Card Holders

• HadIt.com Elder

FYI - I have a friend, who just started counseling, w/a new counselor, (VN Marine, former VA employee), who states that if you're in the DEERS system, you can get your meds on base and "most" are free. He also states that ChampVA is basically now Tri-Care. He's bringing her a list of contact numbers for the Jacksonville, NC, base area. We'll see what happens. I hope it's all true!

pr

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I heard something like that as well from a vet at the VAMC who said I could get blood work done at the AFB near me. I have not tried it yet since getting on base is a pain nowdays.

• HadIt.com Elder

ChampVA and Tri-Care are separate, with similarities. One area of concern has to do with the forthcoming changes in medical insurance law. This can end up drastically changing things, to the point that someone that was eligible for ChampVA, but elected to not take it due to various reasons, may see the reasons go away, and not be able to reverse the decision. I believe such a change in insurance law should also allow a "second chance" in such cases.

PR, thanks for this information. DH and I have been needing to update our wills for years. Maybe now we can.

• HadIt.com Elder

You know people who worked as civilians for Uncle Sam get to keep insurance in retirement. You must keep your spouse on a family plan, however, or in the case of your death she/he will not be able to keep the insurance if spouse has suspended it for any reason. Just a word to the wise for the many postal and other federal retirees here.