VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Started Having Migraines. Doc Said Could Be Related To Sc Injury

Rate this question

That guy198742

Question

I am currently in the process of my first claim. I am petitioning for an increase based on my two bulging disks, the narrowing of my spinal collumn, and the thoracic/lumbar arthritis. The migraines are something I just realized may be connected. I usually just ate my motrin 800 , drank some water, and laid down when they would come around. At my appt today, i brough it up with my new doc and explained the symptoms exactly. He said theres a good chance it has to to with my back issues.

Question 1: Do I file a new claim for migraines?

Question 2: Do i have to wait for my current increase to be taken care of?

Question 3: I was never treated for migraines in service, will this be an issue in service connecting it?

One more gripe. I closed a bank account i had and forgot to change my comp direct deposit info. A few months later i realized i wasnt getting the check (its only for 10%). I corrected the issue back in march. My last payment went out october 2012. My balance has sine grown to over 1000 dollars and i cant get any help on releasing the funds. They said all someone has to do at my regional office is turn the payment back on. My VFW rep is unreachable(detroit for ya) and when i show up in person they say that they will take care of it. Any help on handling this? Thanks in advance brothers.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

first, you will need a diagnosis for migraines.

next, you will need a nexus form your doc stating that the migraines ARE caused by your back issues. probably or maybe wont cut it.

then your doc will have to state why and how he/she has come to that decision.

Once you have these, then file a claim for migraines secondary to your back. If you decide to file without any of the above, In my own opinion, I would believe that your claim would be denied.