VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Neurontin ( Gabapentin) ( Warning))

Rate this topic

Guest jstacy

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I have used it since 1995 with good results. Its a miracle for neurpopathy and I think it helped fepression and panic attacks also.

• HadIt.com Elder
I saw a news article relating this drug to suicide and attempted suicide.

I know the VA prescribes this medicine.

I know that drugs work in different way for different people. My daughter is bi-polar and took Neurtontin and did the sucide thing. She took the whole bottle. She was rushed to the emergency room and was given tons of charcoal. Her blood pressure went down to nothing.

She was finally stabilized, but spend the night in ICU. She was then transferred to a mental hospital for a weeks visit with shock treatments and other medications. She was immediately taking off Neurontin and doing well with her other medications.

I don't mean to say that anyone taking Neurontin will try to commit sucide, but wanted you to know that it has happened.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Guest jstacy

Josephine, I am sorry to hear that. Your case is difficult. Hang in there. By the way, The Attorneys are having a filed day with this activity. Just do a Neurontin search. I do wish you the best of luck and I will say a prayer for your daughter.

• HadIt.com Elder
Josephine, I am sorry to hear that. Your case is difficult. Hang in there. By the way, The Attorneys are having a filed day with this activity. Just do a Neurontin search. I do wish you the best of luck and I will say a prayer for your daughter.

Thanks"jstacy", my daugher is out of the woods now, but I am glad that you posted the issue of Neurontin, as it is not a safe drug for everyone.

Josephine