VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Ptsd Results (Increase)

Rate this question

LanceJoseph

Question

I'm currently rated at 50%for ptsd but with a total of 80% which was given back dec 2010. I filed an NOD right away and just now had a c&p exam on 10/25/2013 and then checked ebennies last night and it had already showed a SOC has been sent. Pretty quick turn around so I'm guessing bad news. Tell me what you think please.

1.Diagnostic summary

Has the veteran been diagnosed with PTSD (yes)

2.Current Diagnosis #1: PTSD with depression

(X) axis I

3.Axis III -medical diagnosis (to include TBI) Acromioclavicular , sprain

Axis IV -unemployed ,social environment , primary support

AXIS V - current gaf score :35

Does the veteran have more than one mental disorder (no)

Does the veteran have a diagnosed TBI (YES)

(X) Occupational and social impairment with deficiencies in most areas , such as work , school , family relations , judement , thinking and or mood.

Relevant substance abuse history : veteran is having 6 drinks per day but showing no signs of dependecy or withdrawal issues.

Sentinal event : wife left him , assaulted his father

All symptoms that apply to veterans diagnosis .

depressed mood , anxiety,suspiciousness,panic attacks, chronic sleep impairment , mild memory loss , flattened effect ,impaired judment,disturbances of motivation or mood,difficulty establishing and maintaining work and social relationships,SUicidal idealation, impaired impulse control.

Is the veteran capable of managing his finances (YES)

Veteran attepted suicide once but has said he will not be doing it again.

Veteran was administered the patient health Questionnaire -9 (PHQ9) and scored a 20 which is in the severe range for depresssion symptoms, He was also administered the GAD-7 and scored 18 which is also in the sever range for anxiety.

Veteran scored 74 on the ptsd checklist/.

She also goes on and writes about my nightmares and suicidal issues, My total alienation from society and how I have tried to work but due to angry outburst and violant tendencies I am unable to have ainful employment.

Did the C & P doc clearly state that the on the job problems are from your PTSD?

It seems that she did but not sure.

I assume you formally filed for TDIU.

Did the VA consider you for TDIU when they sent the Dec 2010 award? Or were you employed then?

Have you applied for SSDI?

SSDI, if awarded solely for SC conditions, is excellent evidence for TDIU ,paid at the 100% rate of compensation.

She did state that my symptoms were keeping me from working. I Have never filed for tdiu and no consideration for it was ever made because I was still enlisted at the time of the initial claim. To be honest I dont even know what ssid is. I know its social security but being on 27 i dont think i am eligable. I did just call the 1800 number and the young lady on the phone was very polite and I said man I know there isnt much you can tell me but whatever caqn would be greatly appreciated and she said she has a fine line of what she can say and her words were " just smile and have a great day and just wait on your "letters" I said thank you that makes me feel better and she laughed and said im glad you caught that. So some hope there. I really appreciate you looking into this Berta , thank you. Ive read so many of your comments and posts and its given me some amazing guidance on how to proceed.

Hi Lance,

Have you checked your AB8 letter on Ebenefits? You can even look at Benefit Explorer to see if there has been a change or increase in your rating. It sounds very promising based on the comment made by the 800 representative. Good Luck!!

Shyne-I

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can't work you should apply for TDIU unless you get 100%. I am thinking the VA has not made a decision yet, so maybe wait because I see a 100% rating in your future.

John999- If you can't work you should apply for TDIU unless you get 100%. I am thinking the VA has not made a decision yet, so maybe wait because I see a 100% rating in your future.

In my experience Ive found that a SOC is in no way 100% it could be a partial though. I've always been told that an SOC is a bad thing. Thanks for the input im hoping for the best