VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

World War Ii Veteran - Hearing Aid Eligibility

Rate this question

MarkInTexas

Question

Howdy to All,

It's been a while since I've posted here. I've been busy with helping the wife take care of our baby girl we had this past March, and with also assembly my own NOD before the deadline next year. I have been lurking and reading though, and appreciate all of the input and advice.

I have an interesting one, and I'm not sure what to do to help. I have a friend that lives down the road from my home. He is 87 years old, and a World War II Navy Veteran. He has never been on any VA disability, nor received any benefits to my knowledge.

He has hearing aids from pretty major hearing loss, and is trying to get the VA to help him on the cost of the hearing aids, and perhaps his eyewear (glasses). He only makes less than $1,300.00 a month in Social Security/retirement.

Apparently, he had somebody help him complete paperwork at the VA clinic in Beaumont, Texas and was "placed" in Priority Group 8g due this household income exceeding the VA's established financial thresholds.

He provided me a copy of his denial of services letter, and was hoping that I might be able to help. I don't know that he has used any Veterans service organization yet.

Does anybody have any ideas of where I can send him, or what I can do to help him get things moving? I would think that a WWII Veteran would be able to get rated for a service connection, and provided for pretty quickly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

without records, it will be difficult to get the hearing loss service connected. However, if he is enrolled in the VA, has a VA doc, he can be referred to the audiologist for an exam. If the test results reveal that is is in need of hearing aids the VA will provide them simply because he is a veteran. don't let anyone tell you different, that's how I obtained my hearing aids