VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Download Of Letters On Ebenefits

Rate this question

saturneptune

Question

Under documents on E Benefits, there is a letter generator. It has changed lately, but here is part of my chart to generate a letter.

You have one or more service-connected disabilities: Yes Include the information in this row Your combined service-connected evaluation is: 70% Include the information in this row and the one below it Your current monthly award amount is: $1502 The effective date of the last change to your current award was: December 01, 2012 Include the information in this row You are not considered to be permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities because your case is scheduled for review on: February 01, 2016 Include the information in this row You are not considered to be permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities at this time because you are scheduled for a future reduction in rating on: February 01, 2016 Include the information in this row You are service-connected for loss of or loss of use of a limb, or are you totally blind in or missing at least one eye: Yes

This is what I do not understand and would appreciate any response. Notice the last entry. Last time I checked, I have both legs, arms and eyes. The disability is related to a six way heart bypass and associated conditions. In the next to last two entries. it says I am scheduled for a reexam and reduction in rating. First of all, how can one be scheduled for a future reduction before the exam, and the other one says the exam will be on Feb 1, 2016. I just had a reexam result in March of this year, a few months ago. On top of that, I will be 63 on that date, way above 55. Just wonder if you think this info is in error. Thanks.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

You have one or more service-connected disabilities: Yes Include the information in this row Your combined service-connected evaluation is: 70% Include the information in this row and the one below it Your current monthly award amount is: $1502 The effective date of the last change to your current award was: December 01, 2012 Include the information in this row You are not considered to be permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities because your case is scheduled for review on: February 01, 2016 Include the information in this row You are not considered to be permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities at this time because you are scheduled for a future reduction in rating on: February 01, 2016 Include the information in this row You are service-connected for loss of or loss of use of a limb, or are you totally blind in or missing at least one eye: Yes