VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Tell If A Depression Will Be A Secondary Condition?

Rate this question

Scout Swimmer

Question

I have a claim in for depression. I currently recieve 50% for migranes and 40% for TBI. My question is how would I find out if my depression will be rated by itself or added to my TBI or Migranes as a secondary. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I don't know how you filed it if you filed it as secondary to the TBI or migraines then it will be seen as such unless you filed for and increase for existing conditions and they saw you where depressed because of the TBI etc then it still would be secondary unless you filed the depression by it's self based on evidence from the military directly linked to the depression on my opinion.

• HadIt.com Elder

You need a shrink to say that your depression is secondary to the TBI or migraines. I see it as obvious but the VA insists a doctor draw the link.

I just had a mental health visit on Friday. She said its secondary to PDST. (not sure if they count that as depression). She maxed out my anti depression medication and told me I should think about walking away from my career and go to 100%. I'm thinking that is a good sign for my open claim since my combined rating is 84. Something. Wish me luck.

I agree with free sprit, if you have not filed for PTSD then you should since the Dr. diagnosed it for you. I would think that would put you over for 100%