VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Have Some More B*ll Sh*t!

Rate this topic

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AMC has been nicknamed the 58th VARO as well as the Black Hole. If you allow them to, it will reside there for aeons as you well know. Hey, PR. Bite the bullet and just get a good law dog. Not one of the NVLSP/NOVA Doogie Houser newbies in training but a good one like Virginia Girard-Brady or Ken Carpenter. Or Bob Walsh. Don't just shop for one close to you geographically either. It's like Starbucks- you get what you pay for. Buy the name brand. Don't cut corners on a generic one. Sure, you lose some change but you can put paid to it and get rid of the stress once and for all. I did it and Bingo. No more idiot's delight remands to go find something you should have had incorporated into your evidence years ago. Also, waiting for VA to obtain evidence is a lose-lose proposition. I had to go get my records in Thailand from an Air America-contracted Hospital because VA adamantly refused to. It's why I won. By the time VA got around to getting them in 2007, they'd been destroyed. They finally accepted my copy as genuine-after 14 years of hassle. It just isn't worth it. I come up on a 20 yr. protected rating in April 2014 and they are just now giving me my EED of 94. No amount of money is that important. I did it because I resented being called a liar. That's why I don't mind giving old Bob about $30K for six months of argument with the SOBs. Best of luck. Git 'er done.

A

Clear prop.

"The good thing is it gives me time to add more evidence in that I can get an IMO, from one of my former counselors, which should be enough to finally win it."

That is the good part of anyone getting a remand.It opens the door for more evidence.

In many cases ( and I did this myself) I think a claimant should try to follow the remand themselves, step by step, if they can.

BVA had 3 IMos from me but ordered a cardio opinion for my 2003 dMII AO death claim.

So I ordered a cardio opinion.

I paid for it but it had not been even been prepared when I suddenly got the BVA award letter in the mail.

I had knocked down the PA opinion they got on remand ASAP and sent my lay medical rebuttal to the BVA right away (and to the C & P PA too.) VA never obtained any VA cardio opinion.

and BVA agreed the PA opinion was too speculative.

I jumped the gun on getting that 4th IMO but by then I knew I had to do all I could to overcome a possible negative VA cardio opinion.

So,I did what I advise others here to do and don't regret it. I even got back about $900 of the cardio fee because I called the forensic IMO place up right away when I got the award.

"They still don't have the transcripts of my SSDI hearings, 1990 & 1998, but are once again requesting them. They've been requesting them for over 20 yrs."

Over 20 years ago the VA said SSA would not release my husband's SSA records. They even told this to my 2 state Senators and to my Congressman.I still have those letters from those entities. I was furious and called SSA in Baltimore up and told them I would not hang up until someone helped me

It took some time but someone in their records access office told me there had Never been any request at all from the VA for those records.

He said he went through the SSA files on my husband 3 times.

I had a copy of the 21-22 authorization form Rod signed and sent to the VA to get them. I cant recall if I sent it to this guy at SSA or not but he did something....I think he sent them to SSA in Corning NY and next thing I know VA had those SSA records.They never acknowledged them however until 3 years after Rod died.

As I mentioned before Rod had 2 separate SSA awards.The PTSD SSA trumped the 1151 CVA award.It didnt mean he had been suddenly cured of the 1151 CVA and the 1151 SSA award was instrumental in getting my SMC CUE claim awarded last year for HB SMC.

My long point here is....you might have to take the bull by the horns and start calling or faxing SSA themselves.

When I hear of any claimant having SSA issues that could impact on their VA claims, I am quick to recall how VA blatantly lied to my Congressman and Senators,in writing, saying SSA had refused to release his records.

But VA had refused to forward the VA 21-22 authorization form to them.

I often wonder how many vets are told this same BS, that SSA refused to release their records.

Records, such as in my husband's case,that were highly probative to every one of his claims, and to my claims, as his widow.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

J - I had an atty. The court sent it back to the BVA, who has now sent it to the AMC, again. This is the 3rd or 4th time at the AMC. This time I'll have an IMO, from one of my previous shrinks, stating that my PTSD kept me from leaving the house to work 40 hrs a wk. I don't think there's anything a lawyer could do, at this point. jmo

pr

An attorney can get a claim out of the AMC. That is the difference between a VSO and Attorney. Yiou are a very dear friend PR and I hate to see my good friends get lost in the Black hole. The AMC is just a hiding place for claims to go and die. How many AMC decisions have we seen in our Time at Hadit. I can only remember a very few.

John.

• HadIt.com Elder

I see many vets who lose at CAVC going right to Federal Court. My claim will be argued before Panel in December 2013. This is to set precedent. All I care about is that it favors me, and I get the money I have been waiting to get for thirty years. Without Hadit I never would have known I had a case, so there is hope for old timers out there who get their C-Files and smell something fishy. The VA could and has filed up many graveyards with vets they have cheated over the last 45 years.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

An attorney can get a claim out of the AMC. That is the difference between a VSO and Attorney. Yiou are a very dear friend PR and I hate to see my good friends get lost in the Black hole. The AMC is just a hiding place for claims to go and die. How many AMC decisions have we seen in our Time at Hadit. I can only remember a very few.

John.

John - I can't see that getting it out of the AMC will do anything. It's been there a couple of times. It's the BVA that's screwing it up. I plan to get two IMO's to cover myself. I hate to spend the money but I guess I must. It should be fairly easy to find opinions that say my PTSD, "as likely as not" precluded me leaving my home and going to work, 40 hours a wk. I have my Vet Ctr contracted psychologist, Roger E. Poire, whom I saw for 2-3 yrs back in the early 90's, and I'll see what Dr Bash can do.

pr