VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Have Some More B*ll Sh*t!

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you considered a Writ of Mandamus to make them do their damn job?

Pete - I don't think a writ will do anything, as it's not just sitting there. They just keep denying it and bounce it back to the BVA. Then I go to the CAVC, who remands it, again, yada, yada, yada. jmo

pr

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Had a new C&P exam, yesterday, for HB - A&A. Examiner was/is a PA. Asked the same questions as the previous exams. Can I brush my teeth - can I bathe myself - can I use the toilet w/o assistance - do I cook - etc.. This time, I had evidence that I have trouble looking out for safety issues, ie: protecting myself from the normal dangers of daily life. I brought her a copy of the newspaper article about the kitchen fire I accidently caused, trying to make freaking french fries, that caused me to lose my house. Maybe that'll help. Probably not! And the claim goes on. 25 yrs 4 months.

pr

• 1 month later...

PR: I have to agree with Asknod, it's "LAW DOG Time." I know you think after all this time, a Decision has to be in the near future, right. The attorney's 20% of nothing, is nothing. At the very least, you might well consider a couple VA Accredited Attorney free consults. I did regarding my own pending DRO Hearing at the 21/2 yr point. Decided to go it alone at the DRO level. Had the hearing 06/27/14 and prevailed. If denied again, I was willing to give up the 20% to have a Legal Eagle's representation.

A Nam Vet friend and I were discussing his pending DRO Hearing Request for IU filed 2013. After discussing the need to take into consideration him being 68 and possibly getting denied again after another 11/2+yrs wait, he agreed the 20% of retro a pro would charge, would be money well spent. Good Luck!

Semper Fi

Gastone

• HadIt.com Elder

Gastone - I agree and I certainly don't mind paying the 20%, or even more. I just found out the adjuster I hired to handle my claim against my insurance company died, on 8/26/2014, at age 63. I know my time is getting shorter, as I'm 69 years and six days old, today. At this point, I'm just waiting on the latest decision, which should be done within the next 30 days, before I get another attorney.

Thanks!

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

Gastone - I agree and I certainly don't mind paying the 20%, or even more. I just found out the adjuster I hired to handle my claim against my insurance company died, on 8/26/2014, at age 63. I know my time is getting shorter, as I'm 69 years and six days old, today. At this point, I'm just waiting on the latest decision, which should be done within the next 30 days, before I get another attorney.

Thanks!

pr

69 years and six days old- and still a handsome little devil !