VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Feasible But Not Feasible For Voc Rehab

Rate this question

id_firefighter30

Question

Well i had my voc rehab appt today and my counselor decided that i am feasible she thinks i should be able to do the training then tells me that i am not feasible because i am unable to move closer to the schools and bigger job markets I cant move i dont have the money to get a new place for a family of 7 and i have 2 kids in high school one junior one sophmore and one in JR high and to in grade school they all have moved multiple time while i was active duty now there established and have there goals and friends and i should pack everything up to go to a new town for me to go to school i cant do it its not fair to my family.

My DR has told me i need to quit my job and apply for IU but i need to provide for my family i feel so usless right now and like such a looser she had 2 options for training one as a medical records tech and the other an a plus computer tech i wanted to talk to my wife about options then she tells me im not feasible because i live so far away and driving will aggravate my knee and ankle conditions so i should withdraw my request for rehab no chance to discuss my options with my wife or family realy pissed right now

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

well i have talked to my counselor today again and asked about a letter of unfeasibility and she refused saying it is not my disabilities that make me unfeasible but the fact i live to far away to travel to school everyday but the reason i can not travel is my SC knees and ankles limit the time i can drive due to pain and joints getting stiff i don't understand her reasoning any suggestions

• HadIt.com Elder

well i have talked to my counselor today again and asked about a letter of unfeasibility and she refused saying it is not my disabilities that make me unfeasible but the fact i live to far away to travel to school everyday but the reason i can not travel is my SC knees and ankles limit the time i can drive due to pain and joints getting stiff i don't understand her reasoning any suggestions

Send her a Certified letter.......list your previous conversations on the Voc Rehab, then state you want the denial in writing with a proper reason.

Voc Rehab is there to help you get trained for a job that meets your Pysical and or Mental needs based on disability......If this is not Feasible, then they MUST deny based on well grounded reasoning, and distance alone is not one of them, but being phiscaly unable to drive that distance due to SC'd disability, would be in most cases.

This leads to IU, you must make her put it in writing without pushing the IU, as she will most likley do it without thinking once the letter of denial is written.

I have an appointment on Wed with my primary care DR and i will discuss with him as well he has already told me and put in my medical records in his medical opinion i should be considered unemployable so i am going to see what his take on this is. The thing that gets me is she had me sign the statement to drop out right there at our first meeting not giving me a chance to look into my options or discuss with my wife

• HadIt.com Elder

I have an appointment on Wed with my primary care DR and i will discuss with him as well he has already told me and put in my medical records in his medical opinion i should be considered unemployable so i am going to see what his take on this is. The thing that gets me is she had me sign the statement to drop out right there at our first meeting not giving me a chance to look into my options or discuss with my wife

Send her another letter, tell her you have re-considered your previous decision to drop and wish to take it to the next step......she can say no, but it wont fly.

id if your doctor said to apply for IU then he should be person enough to fill out the DBQ and so you can have a FDC. This way you hopefully will not need to wait 1 year for your claim to have a decision.